Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

I want to see the Northern Lights! 

It's 4:00a. I knew I wouldn't be able to in Williamsport with the predicted cloud cover and then the fog.  But CNN's talking about other people seeing them who always do like in Russia and Iceland and I will admit I envy them.  I have never seen them and this would have been my chance if the sky had been clear.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoralRed said:

I want to see the Northern Lights! 

It's 4:00a. I knew I wouldn't be able to in Williamsport with the predicted cloud cover and then the fog.  But CNN's talking about other people seeing them who always do like in Russia and Iceland and I will admit I envy them.  I have never seen them and this would have been my chance if the sky had been clear.

Yeah I'm sad I can't see them either. It's something I've always wanted to see once in my life.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Did that snowfall for next weekend disappear?

Here is what CTP has for my forecast.

Friday Night
A chance of rain and snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Saturday
A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Here are some comments about later this week from CTP’s discussion this morning.

Thursday morning may be the coldest so far with many places across the western and northern mountains seeing mid-upper 20s with lower 30s in the lower Susq Valley. With another
disturbance bringing a chance of some showers, some areas could
see snow before temperatures warm during the day.

Wide range of model solutions toward the end of the week leading to greatly different weather possibilities.

10 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Here are some comments about later this week from CTP’s discussion this morning.

Thursday morning may be the coldest so far with many places across the western and northern mountains seeing mid-upper 20s with lower 30s in the lower Susq Valley. With another

Wide range of model solutions toward the end of the week leading to greatly different weather possibilities.

You are turning into Weekend Am Weather.  I like it! 

image.jpeg.ca01bc817f28f41f80f3fff6978d6517.jpeg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

My Wednesday night/Thursday morning low forecast keeps getting colder the closer we get...

Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 29

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

With the moist, high temps over the last few evenings, the record seems to be in the bag. 

Not going to drop .7 in one day which will make this the warmest October in MDT history. Not sure if all the other Octobers had such significant HIA though.  

image.png.84ad16ab26e01aa83b3ad330058f27e1.png

Not too far from a plus 8 departure.