Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

They were severely penalized for it in the polls.    Much more than Alabama, a few weeks before, who had a loss that was just as bad in some eyes. 

It was an awful and disgusting game they deserve to be much lower in the polls even not making them. Clifford was hurt it was so obvious by this time next week they will not in the polls with OSU. 

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

They were severely penalized for it in the polls.    Much more than Alabama, a few weeks before, who had a loss that was just as bad in some eyes. 

20 minutes ago, paweather said:

It was an awful and disgusting game they deserve to be much lower in the polls even not making them. Clifford was hurt it was so obvious by this time next week they will not in the polls with OSU. 

I'm sorry but Alabama losing on the road by three to Texas A&M isn't even in the same stratosphere as Penn State losing at home to arguably the worst team in the B10 and being completely steamrolled in the run game in the process.  I mean, I understand they lost the anchor of their D-line in Mustipher, which was overshadowed by the Clifford injury and arguably just as important, but you can't lose one guy and all of a sudden resemble some overmatched high school team on the line of scrimmage.  You just can't.  Franklin continues to be an excellent CEO-style figure (i.e. recruiting, at the podium, in family living rooms, overall organization, etc.) but when it comes to being an actual gameday football coach he is hot garbage.  I don't enjoy saying that but it is laid bare for everyone to see on a near weekly basis and has been that way for years.  I'm not even saying we'd necessarily be better off with someone else because much of what he does well (namely recruiting good athletes) makes up for his deficiencies.  But can we stop with the whole "we won the explosive play battle" nonsense and focus more on actually winning the line of scrimmage.  The play and development of the Oline, even when it has vast experience, is a constant yearly issue.  Next week is going to be absolutely brutal.  The season likely spirals downward from here.  I could go on and on but I won't.  I've already said too much.  Sorry fellas, just disappointed. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I'm sorry but Alabama losing on the road by three to Texas A&M isn't even in the same stratosphere as Penn State losing at home to arguably the worst team in the B10 and being completely steamrolled in the run game in the process.  I mean, I understand they lost the anchor of their D-line in Mustipher, which was overshadowed by the Clifford injury and arguably just as important, but you can't lose one guy and all of a sudden resemble some overmatched high school team on the line of scrimmage.  You just can't.  Franklin continues to be an excellent CEO-style figure (i.e. recruiting, at the podium, in family living rooms, overall organization, etc.) but when it comes to being an actual gameday football coach he is hot garbage.  I don't enjoy saying that but it is laid bare for everyone to see on a near weekly basis and has been that way for years.  I'm not even saying we'd necessarily be better off with someone else because much of what he does well (namely recruiting good athletes) makes up for his deficiencies.  But can we stop with the whole "we won the explosive play battle" nonsense and focus more on actually winning the line of scrimmage.  The play and development of the Oline, even when it has vast experience, is a constant yearly issue.  Next week is going to be absolutely brutal.  The season likely spirals downward from here.  I could go on and on but I won't.  I've already said too much.  Sorry fellas, just disappointed. 

I use to Defend Franklin. After Saturday, i am done with him. 

2 weeks to prepare for this game. Why did they allow Clifford to play? Its obvious he is injured. They show no confidence in the backup, which Franklin recruited. AND the play calling during the 2 point conversions was laughable. The best player on the field, Dotson and they don't even try and put the ball in his hands? They stroked off the new OC, but shit

anyhow- suns out full on in Harrisburg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Oh man are you ever spot on...

Sunny with skyrocketing temps now. Quickly up to 72...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Illinois however is one of the worst P5 teams in the country. A&M, as much as it pains me to say this, isn't hoooorrrible and they were at home. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

2 weeks to prepare for this game. Why did they allow Clifford to play? Its obvious he is injured. They show no confidence in the backup, which Franklin recruited. AND the play calling during the 2 point conversions was laughable. The best player on the field, Dotson and they don't even try and put the ball in his hands? They stroked off the new OC, but shit

That is right Clifford should not have played. Complete Joke and season ruined.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, paweather said:

That is right Clifford should not have played. Complete Joke and season ruined.

What should have been done during the bye week......Use the time to tweak the offense to the strengths of Roberson.  Come out and run the spread.  Let him run wild.  This will surprise Illinois and might even help the running game.  It also might ensure you have a fresh Clifford for OSU. 

Instead, they stay with the same offense with an obviously injured quarterback.  It leads to disaster.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, anotherman said:

What should have been done during the bye week......Use the time to tweak the offense to the strengths of Roberson.  Come out and run the spread.  Let him run wild.  This will surprise Illinois and might even help the running game.  It also might ensure you have a fresh Clifford for OSU. 

Instead, they stay with the same offense with an obviously injured quarterback.  It leads to disaster.

You got it!

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

My comment was stated on a country view not a Happy Valley View.  Alabama was the number 1 Team in the County and lost as an 18 point Favorite.  PSU was a 24 point Favorite so a bigger upset per se but certainly in the same stratosphere. PSU being at home gives the edge to the PSU game being a larger upset but Alabama only dropped 4-5 positions in the poll.  PSU dropped 13 which was not a proportionate drop as compared to the other.  That was the basis of my comment re: the drops were not equal despite the upsets both being large ATS upsets.

Illinois is actually the 52nd ranked Team on this list.  Puts them firmly in the top half of the county and in the middle if you only count P5 teams.  41 Power 5 teams and 19 of them are under Illinois. 

https://collegefootballnews.com/2021/10/college-football-rankings-1-to-130-week-8-everything-is-about-to-blow-up/3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Illinois however is one of the worst P5 teams in the country. A&M, as much as it pains me to say this, isn't hoooorrrible and they were at home. 

They are actually the 52nd ranked Team in the Country (58 last week).    This includes all conferences but they are no where near one of the worst ranked P5 Teams.  They are ranked over much of the ACC.   

Edit-I just counted and they are ranked 22 out of 41 P5 teams. Before the game they were 27 out of 41. 

https://collegefootballnews.com/2021/10/college-football-rankings-1-to-130-week-8-everything-is-about-to-blow-up/3

57 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

James Franklin- the guy that other schools covet and the same guy we can't wait to see go. Sorta interesting but very true.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

James Franklin- the guy that other schools covet and the same guy we can't wait to see go. Sorta interesting but very true.

Bingo.

i was in my garage/shop refinishing some cabinets on Saturday and watching the game on my big screen. My back was turned to the garage door and i was hollering obscenities' at the TV. i turned around and people were walking by had stopped and were laughing at me :lmao:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, sauss06 said:

Bingo.

i was in my garage/shop refinishing some cabinets on Saturday and watching the game on my big screen. My back was turned to the garage door and i was hollering obscenities' at the TV. i turned around and people were walking by had stopped and were laughing at me :lmao:  

Jon, there were plenty of obscenities being hurled 90 minutes to your NW, trust me. :)