Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

41 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

My family and I made the trip to Knoebel’s yesterday and had a great time despite the weather conditions during the afternoon. 
The forecast all week was mostly cloudy with temperatures in the 50’s, which seemed like perfect Fall weather to enjoy the day. However, on Friday, CTP introduced a slight chance of light showers. Suddenly on Saturday morning, they upped the forecast to a 60% chance of showers. This turned into a steady light to moderate rain that lasted for the 90 minute drive and through our first couple of hours at the park  yesterday afternoon. It was chilly with temps that dropped from the low 50’s to the upper 40’s. The place was packed during the afternoon and evening, so the weather didn’t stop the family Fall fun for many people.

Yea, the radar yesterday AM told the story that the previous days forecast was sunk.  It poured down here. 

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Correction… after further review, the winner from our group on the snow map above is @pasnownut ! 

My apologies to @Voyager.  He just needs to take a short ride to the Poconos to see some really good snow.

Pivotal gives me 5" on the 10:1 map, so not bad...as long as it's the weekend. I'm not yet ready to go trucking in the snow, so this has to happen on a day off. Plus side is that it be after my new Jeep Renegade is lifted, so I'd get to test it out in some winter conditions...lol

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Congrats to @Voyager on this first widespread digital snow threat of the year!

@Bubbler86 is fringed but I’m sure that someone in our Lancaster crew would allow him to chase the event at least in their driveway.

Careful - Voyager will run you over in his big truck, Cujo style. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Careful - Voyager will run you over in his big truck, Cujo style. 

42 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Marysville man flattened in Pillow Crosswalk incident. 

I can certainly do that as I drive through Pillow three times per day, three days per week on my way to and from Sunbury...lol

• Haha 3

On 10/22/2021 at 8:02 AM, TimB84 said:

It sticks in my mind that the record Oct at MDT is a +6.5 departure relative to the current normals. So if month to date is +7.5, it would take a +4.5 or so the rest of the way to “achieve” such ignominy. The warm nights could make it close.

Going into tomorrow it looks like the average temp made be down into the 63's (or maybe right at 64) from its previous 65's just a couple days ago and the positive departure well down into the 6's. 

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Once we got west of Gettysburg it started changing quickly. I'm sitting near the pool and their is color all around me.

Our favorite spot is catty corner from the pool, just across the creek where all the benches are in that first picnic area/parking.  There is one table that has a view of both up and down creek.  

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You know what- this might be the best post you've ever made on here. This is 100% accurate. And it's why Joel is not an MVP. He disappears when he's needed most.

Lol, thanks? Hopefully I make a decent post every now & then. The Sixers need someone that can create their own shot or get to the rim on their own in the 4th quarter. Joel can’t do everything on his own. Tobias does not often rise to the occasion in crunch time. Their role players disappear as well when it counts. Hopefully Morey can trade Simmons for a player that can help to solve this problem.

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Lol, thanks? Hopefully I make a decent post every now & then. The Sixers need someone that can create their own shot or get to the rim on their own in the 4th quarter. Joel can’t do everything on his own. Tobias does not often rise to the occasion in crunch time. Their role players disappear as well when it counts. Hopefully Morey can trade Simmons for a player that can help to solve this problem.

I'm sorry Blizz - I meant that to be both fun and also with a lot of respect. I could not agree more!