Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

5 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Also to address the elephant in the room, the Sox choked.  IMO, no other way to look at it.   The swings they were taking last night were one of a team that lost confidence.  Stro's played the same through the whole series which made them the best team. 

I'm sorry but sports are rigged. You'll never convince me otherwise. You want to prove me wrong? The Atlanta Braves either win tonight and not blow a second consecutive 3-1 series lead to the Dodgers or Major League Baseball has rigged this postseason to have a Dodgers-Astros trash can rematch where they can balance the scales of justice. 

Just now, Superstorm said:

Great game.

The Villanova game spoke volumes about how good PSU really is. They controlled the line of scrimmage that day, and they lost because of big plays. Clifford playing injured was obviously a factor but it felt like Illinois ran for like 400 yards. We are getting pushed all over the field on both sides of the ball. 

2 very frustrating games to watch this weekend. Going to be a long drive home this evening. After coming up here for 47 years I guess it's fitting that my first loss in person went 9 overtimes. And that's telling too - Illinois defensively wasn't even ranked in the top 100 in the country but we failed repeatedly to score from the 3 yard line. 

As you would say "Hail to Pitt" - time for Pickett's charge tonight  :)

2 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

I'm sorry but sports are rigged. You'll never convince me otherwise. You want to prove me wrong? The Atlanta Braves either win tonight and not blow a second consecutive 3-1 series lead to the Dodgers or Major League Baseball has rigged this postseason to have a Dodgers-Astros trash can rematch where they can balance the scales of justice. 

It seemed to me that the Sox just felt like they could not win.  Something changed.  Swinging at bad pitches over and over. 

The noreaster on the 27th is looking pretty interesting. Basically bombs out and becomes huge with 70+mph gusts and 5-8 inches of rain over NE. Over here we might get some effects. I'm kinda curious if this could end up getting named Wanda at some point lol It actually takes a slightly similar path and loop as the perfect storm in 1991

My family and I made the trip to Knoebel’s yesterday and had a great time despite the weather conditions during the afternoon. 
The forecast all week was mostly cloudy with temperatures in the 50’s, which seemed like perfect Fall weather to enjoy the day. However, on Friday, CTP introduced a slight chance of light showers. Suddenly on Saturday morning, they upped the forecast to a 60% chance of showers. This turned into a steady light to moderate rain that lasted for the 90 minute drive and through our first couple of hours at the park  yesterday afternoon. It was chilly with temps that dropped from the low 50’s to the upper 40’s. The place was packed during the afternoon and evening, so the weather didn’t stop the family Fall fun for many people.