• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

Won't we here in Williamsport end up getting more rain than predicted, according to the radar?  Also note that the weather.gov forecast mentions a particular hour tomorrow, between 11-noon.  I do not recall seeing anything that precise before in anybody's text forecasts.  

Tonight
Showers likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy early, then becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 52. South wind around 7 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Friday
A slight chance of showers between 11am and noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 64. West wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

image.png.60fa9b3d95a738621c9f83856085b8b3.png

I'm wondering if this'll be the warmest October on record? The first half was already the warmest on record and the 2nd half doesn't look like it'll cool down much with temps either hovering around average or above. Low temps are obviously higher than normal like they've been for years now so that'll play a key factor into it as well.

10 hours ago, canderson said:

I want plum and lavender lemonade. Where can one acquire this?

There is a local to us food truck that makes Lavender Lemonade, to die for. Stand by, i'll find who they are

31 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I’m looking forward to the next few days of normal to below normal temperatures! Fall Weather will feel extra refreshing after the recent warmth.

high 58 tomorrow. I'll take it. 

1 hour ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I'm wondering if this'll be the warmest October on record? The first half was already the warmest on record and the 2nd half doesn't look like it'll cool down much with temps either hovering around average or above. Low temps are obviously higher than normal like they've been for years now so that'll play a key factor into it as well.

I think @TimB84 had some info on that.  It's currently at +7.5 for MDT.  Just using the GFS as an example, if the forecasted highs of below normal come to fruition much of next week, that number will get knocked down quite a bit.  

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think @TimB84 had some info on that.  It's currently at +7.5 for MDT.  Just using the GFS as an example, if the forecasted highs of well below normal come to fruition much of next week, that number will get knocked down quite a bit.  

It sticks in my mind that the record Oct at MDT is a +6.5 departure relative to the current normals. So if month to date is +7.5, it would take a +4.5 or so the rest of the way to “achieve” such ignominy. The warm nights could make it close.

9 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

It sticks in my mind that the record Oct at MDT is a +6.5 departure relative to the current normals. So if month to date is +7.5, it would take a +4.5 or so the rest of the way to “achieve” such ignominy. The warm nights could make it close.

Thanks.  Sticking with this line of thinking, I am still sticking with my call of 5-7 days below normal at MDT before month end.  HIA screwed me out of 1-2 days earlier this week otherwise I would be really confident about it.  Both PIT PHL were below normal the 17th and 18th but not our warm loving MDT guys. 

14 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

PS-the normal highs for MDT next week are 61 and 62.    I think that is a bit higher than some thought it would be.    

9 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

A high of 75 yesterday, a low of 53 last night, and nary a drop of rain to be found.  Nice Fall weather on tap for the weekend.

78/53 split here. 0" of rain officially this week.

Big weekend for me, 76ers home opener tonight (arrive home around midnight) and then up at 4:30am tomorrow to head to Happy Valley. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is a lot of sports in 24 hours.  

My favorite trick was back in the 90s - I had Flyers and Hershey Bears season tickets. Flyers would often play Saturday afternoon games at 1pm. Bears traditionally played Saturday home games at 7pm. I'd go to Philly, watch the Fly guys, hop on the turnpike and be in Hershey just in time for doors to open. 

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My favorite trick was back in the 90s - I had Flyers and Hershey Bears season tickets. Flyers would often play Saturday afternoon games at 1pm. Bears traditionally played Saturday home games at 7pm. I'd go to Philly, watch the Fly guys, hop on the turnpike and be in Hershey just in time for doors to open. 

So if early to mid 90's, you could have safely worn your John LeClair or Tim Tookey jerseys to either stadium. 

23 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

78/53 split here. 0" of rain officially this week.

Big weekend for me, 76ers home opener tonight (arrive home around midnight) and then up at 4:30am tomorrow to head to Happy Valley. 

Wow you're not fooling around!  I sold my Illinois tickets.  I'm not expecting to see Clifford but the good guys should still be fine in this one.  One of my buddies used to routinely do the Penn State thing on Saturday and then hit the Eagles game on Sunday on his way home to South Jersey, has season tickets for both.  What you're pulling makes that look like child's play though haha.  Have fun!

• Thanks 1

Probably deserves mention that the CMC was the first model I saw that predicted the Monday SLP would traverse well north of us vs down through the Southern Mid-Atlantic.   Other models have trended in this direction and it sets up the chance of a record high on Monday as the S/W flow ahead of the cold front streams mid to upper 70's weather near or over the LSV.  

• Like 1