Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

From Rouzerville, USA...this is WBUB... your nonsense station ...8686 on your radio dial. Good morning, our engineer is Paweather . In the news at 10:00am, a very warm day is bearing down on the Lower Susquehanna Valley.  It's 56 degrees on the square... 

56?!?!?

I'm already up to 64! 

17 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Yeah, radiated low temperatures never impress me much.

I’m impressed with minimum high records. That’s the true indicator of how cold it really is.

I am going to be impressed with Pillow regardless!  :-).  I need to visit some day but a long ride from these parts.   It's up in what some call "the boonies". 

1 minute ago, mahantango#1 said:

It's only a 45 min from Harrisburg. And I guess one could say it's somewhat in the boonies 

Did not mean to insult but yea, even places 30 min north of Harrisburg couple be considered out there as it gets sparsely populated real quick.  Pine Grove and that whole 209 corridor. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, canderson said:

Is that line out west gonna survive the mountains? 

It’s likely that the severe aspect of the line likely won’t hold across the mountains. The big parameter with this line driving into western PA with what appears to be multiple couplets (probable QLCS tornadoes and/or wind damage) is nearly 50 knots of effective bulk shear in western PA. The SPC mesoanalysis near term forecast fizzles this parameter out later this evening, likely due to no CAPE east of the mountains (western PA has marginal CAPE present). But still wouldn’t rule out some gusty showers or storms though as this line out there is associated with the  frontal passage/potent shortwave. 

1510027482_SPCHourlyMesoscaleAnalysis.thumb.png.848e3733b7a4727bf6b984a1177c4c9f.png

Also, I promise to post more as we get onward toward winter… I’ve been pretty busy lately. It’s nice to see so much activity in this thread these days. 

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

It’s likely that the severe aspect of the line likely won’t hold across the mountains. The big parameter with this line driving into western PA with what appears to be multiple couplets (probable QLCS tornadoes and/or wind damage) is nearly 50 knots of effective bulk shear in western PA. The SPC mesoanalysis near term forecast fizzles this parameter out later this evening, likely due to no CAPE east of the mountains (western PA has marginal CAPE present). But still wouldn’t rule out some gusty showers or storms though as this line out there is associated with the  frontal passage/potent shortwave. 

1510027482_SPCHourlyMesoscaleAnalysis.thumb.png.848e3733b7a4727bf6b984a1177c4c9f.png

Also, I promise to post more as we get onward toward winter… I’ve been pretty busy lately. It’s nice to see so much activity in this thread these days. 

Your written exam on the correlating relationship between Pillow, Paw Paw, Palouse, Iowa State and John Bolaris is due at 3 p.m. Friday. Blue books can be picked up on Coffin Rock. 

• Haha 3