Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

2 minutes ago, paweather said:

Has the CMC ever been right? :D

It did not get the name King CMC for being wrong all the time.  Like all the other models, it seems to get hot for periods...surely related to atmospheric conditions it is better suited to gauge.   CMC was FAR superior in gauging temps this past Spring.  I would go with the GFS/Icon combo for SLP location though....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The CMC very much disagrees.  HIA 80's as the SLP is 4 states north of the GFS.   Tie breaker?  Icon is more like GFS.   CMC would feature board members running for the ledges though the cool weather does eventually return. 

Meh, CMC looks like a bunch of ups and downs. An ugly day here and there.

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

76.1 at 3pm. Not going to hit 80, might squeak out a 78 or so? 

MDT has been stuck at 74 for hours.  Definitely hit a cap today as heating is about done.  It made it to 69 here but heading down now.  The wind made it feel much cooler.  (edit I see they had an inter-hour creep up to 75) 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT has been stuck at 74 for hours.  Definitely hit a cap today as heating is about done.  It made it to 69 here but heading down now.  The win made it feel much cooler. 

We'll see what happens tomorrow. 

I've been running across campus here all day, and it's definitely one of those "it feels really warm" when in a sunny, protected spot and a "it feels almost coolish" when walking in the wind and in a shady area kind of day. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

46 here right now.  Low of 44.   HRRR suggest similar highs to yesterday.  Mid 70's for the higher folks.  Upper 60's to low 70's for the cooler. 

Sounds good to me. Yesterday was warm enough. 

51 when I left for work at 7am. Didn't think to check yet what the lowest temp was.