Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

24 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

How soon after the injury was the wave? I missed it too, but I’ll admit that initially, before I realized the severity, I thought it might be one of those injuries where the player stayed down longer than he needed to, for momentum reasons.

I missed it as well. I passed out just before the half. Guess i'm glad i did. That shit pisses me off

As of 12:45 pm it’s 58 degrees here and a pleasant mix of sun and clouds. Fairly steady wind; I’d guess somewhere around 10 mph with occasional gusts around 15 mph (local Ambient stations are reporting similar numbers). When the wind settles down it feels much milder, almost too warm for even a light jacket. 

My canine friend is thoroughly enjoying this cooler weather. Makes it just the tiniest bit easier to say goodbye to summer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Streak said:

As of 12:45 pm it’s 58 degrees here and a pleasant mix of sun and clouds. Fairly steady wind; I’d guess somewhere around 10 mph with occasional gusts around 15 mph (local Ambient stations are reporting similar numbers). When the wind settles down it feels much milder, almost too warm for even a light jacket. 

My canine friend is thoroughly enjoying this cooler weather. Makes it just the tiniest bit easier to say goodbye to summer.

Left for work at 6 this morning and it felt great in a short sleeve shirt. Very refreshing. 

33 minutes ago, Streak said:

Plus, looking at the GFS, there is not "winter around the corner" weather either.  2 days this week in the low 70's and some other possibly mild days in the longer range.   There are below average days coming just not "winter weather".  With that said, if MDT is not in the low 40's tomorrow Am, I am going to be aggravated.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Left for work at 6 this morning and it felt great in a short sleeve shirt. Very refreshing. 

This morning was definitely light jacket weather for me! Guess I better start building up my cold tolerance :) 

Edited to add that I quite enjoy the slower, more gradual cool down as we transition into winter. I’m really looking forward to the “no longer warm but not yet cold” weather coming up over the next few weeks. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Plus, looking at the GFS, there is not "winter around the corner" weather either.  2 days this week in the low 70's and some other possibly mild days in the longer range.   There are below average days coming just not "winter weather".  With that said, if MDT is not in the low 40's tomorrow Am, I am going to be aggravated.  

EC paints a much better picture for the cooler period next week.

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

@Bubbler86, my weather app shows warmer for days 6-10 than it did yesterday. Haven’t looked at the overnight models yet, but I assume I can safely say they’re bad?

I did not compare GFS runs but its definitely less deep with the next cold shot especially out your way.    The lowest you hit (on the panel) over the next 10 days is 40. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I did not compare GFS runs but its definitely less deep with the next cold shot especially out your way.    The lowest you hit (on the panel) over the next 10 days is 40. 

Yep, just went and looked. I see a 77 in there for me on the GFS and a 75 on the EC, but should I really complain if I won’t be here on those days?