Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Lancaster county's Matthew Wright (Lampeter-Strasburg) kicked a 54 yard field goal today with 3 minutes left to tie the Jags with the Fish, then ended the game with a 53 yarder to win it. My son played baseball against him the whole way up through school. 

Isn’t that the guy Tomlin didn’t trust to kick a 45 or so yarder against WFT last year in a tie game with a few minutes to play?

(That’s a shot at Tomlin, not at this kid. Good for him!)

8 hours ago, TimB84 said:

Isn’t that the guy Tomlin didn’t trust to kick a 45 or so yarder against WFT last year in a tie game with a few minutes to play?

(That’s a shot at Tomlin, not at this kid. Good for him!)

Yep...same guy. Steelers cut him as soon as Boz was healthy. 

Matthew's "fall back" occupation is with NASA. He's doing pretty well for himself either way. LOL

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Lancaster county's Matthew Wright (Lampeter-Strasburg) kicked a 54 yard field goal today with 3 minutes left to tie the Jags with the Fish, then ended the game with a 53 yarder to win it. My son played baseball against him the whole way up through school. 

Speaking of Game Winning FG's, Steel is now 3-3.   Surprising low class moment by the fans though. 

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Just got out of meetings. What exactly happened? I thought the fan reaction to the Seahawk injury was fine. 

The fans started doing the wave while he laid on the turf...it got so bad the Steelers themselves came out on the field and were doing arms down motions to try and stop them.  Not throwing bottles like Tenn. but still not real classy.  It made the front page of several sports sites. I look at it as an indication of our very self interested society we seem to live in today.

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The fans started doing the wave while he laid on the turf...it got so bad the Steelers themselves came out on the field and were doing arms down motions to try and stop them.  Not throwing bottles like Tenn. but still not real classy.  It made the front page of several sports sites. I look at it as an indication of out very self interested society we seem to live in today.

Wow. I was watching (obviously) and completely missed that. That is sad to hear. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The fans started doing the wave while he laid on the turf...it got so bad the Steelers themselves came out on the field and were doing arms down motions to try and stop them.  Not throwing bottles like Tenn. but still not real classy.  It made the front page of several sports sites. I look at it as an indication of out very self interested society we seem to live in today.

That last statement/thought is a gem. Working in Human Resources I see this far too often. It's very accurate. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The fans started doing the wave while he laid on the turf...it got so bad the Steelers themselves came out on the field and were doing arms down motions to try and stop them.  Not throwing bottles like Tenn. but still not real classy.  It made the front page of several sports sites. I look at it as an indication of our very self interested society we seem to live in today.

How soon after the injury was the wave? I missed it too, but I’ll admit that initially, before I realized the severity, I thought it might be one of those injuries where the player stayed down longer than he needed to, for momentum reasons.

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

How soon after the injury was the wave? I missed it too, but I’ll admit that initially, before I realized the severity, I thought it might be one of those injuries where the player stayed down longer than he needed to, for momentum reasons.

I did not watch the events live but saw Big Ben, via some picture, trying to tell the crowd to stop.