• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

It is 73 here in Williamsport.  We got to 78 today and it was humid here too, which I was not expecting.  Our overnight low was 59.  The average for 10/15/21 is 63/43 and the record is 82/28. 

We were supposed to be cloudy and rainy this afternoon but luckily the skies stayed partially blue and the rain never came.  Not a bad closing for the bonus two extra weeks of summer we have had all month.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

There's a ton of millienials that love following the weather. I only know that because I am one and know others that do lol. A lot of them just don't use forums like these anymore to discuss about it

That's too bad.  I wish more younger people would post.  And more people in the northern part of our area would be good, too.  Right now when I pop in a couple times a week at least, I am the only one from Lycoming County and no one else is near me at all.

At 8:40pm my temperature has only very slowly dropped to 75 degrees.  The dewpoint is 68 degrees.  High today was right when I made my earlier post back around 2:00pm which was 83.5 degrees.  It looks like we're all going to go into shock when temps drop into the 40s tomorrow night with winds gusting to 25mph and wind chills are in the 30s.  Sunday is pretty cold around here with highs only around 60 but with winds gusting to 25mph again.  The A/C is on right now.  I hear it humming outside.  But it l most likely will need to turn the heat back on, if not Sunday morning then Monday morning almost for sure.  I just wish the weather would be normal and we could enjoy the slow progression of temps downward.  Other than 1 lonely sugar maple in my development which is nearly completely red leafed there are almost no other trees showing signs of fall.  Maybe by Halloween the color peaks?

5 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I remember some kind of roll call several years ago and I think most were 45-50 and up at that point.  At least those willing to give their ages.  Most millennials could care less about following weather.  I only know of one guy younger than you that posts here fairly regularly.  Sure there are at least 1 or 2 others who did not reveal.   Not sure of Candersons age though.  He acts 22 or 72 depending on the topic and how close he is to his beer fridge. 

I’m 44 (but In my mind I think that I’m 22…)

How old are you @Bubbler86 ?

5 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I remember some kind of roll call several years ago and I think most were 45-50 and up at that point.  At least those willing to give their ages.  Most millennials could care less about following weather.  I only know of one guy younger than you that posts here fairly regularly.  Sure there are at least 1 or 2 others who did not reveal.   Not sure of Candersons age though.  He acts 22 or 72 depending on the topic and how close he is to his beer fridge. 

Oh you're absolutely right. It still blows my mind because I've been on these forums since EasternUSWx and before that, I was the infamous PalmyraPunishment on the Wunderground forums back when rainbows were black and white. I've been following weather since my parents rebuilt Homestead, Florida after Andrew and been foruming for over half my life.

It always makes me wonder how soon I'll have to begin pouring digital 40s out for the fallen.

7 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Oh you're absolutely right. It still blows my mind because I've been on these forums since EasternUSWx and before that, I was the infamous PalmyraPunishment on the Wunderground forums back when rainbows were black and white. I've been following weather since my parents rebuilt Homestead, Florida after Andrew and been foruming for over half my life.

It always makes me wonder how soon I'll have to begin pouring digital 40s out for the fallen.

Yea, a lot of us have stories from the last 10-20 years.  It seems the same group just keeps on keeping on, even if from different boards along the way.  I know one poster here is fairly new but overall I would bet 30 to 50 percent of the posters forum wide were here during ne.weather Usenet groups and have hung on for the next 20 to 25 years.  Back then many were in the 20 and 30's but now it just seems more rarer.  Anyone reading from any age group, not breaking bad....just observations.  My daughter is in her 30's and she told me she has never met anyone who enjoys following the weather except people my age.  She looks at it like it's an old age thing.  Lol. 

Andrew is a once in a life event! 

5 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

You and I like the warmth of summer, everyone else seems to like -20 an 2 feet of snow on the ground with 40mph winds.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I do like the warmth of summer. I'm really dreading having to layer up (I hate the term "bundle up" and refuse to use it) again this winter to do my job. 

57 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I’m hoping that we won’t get this warm again until next May!

Bite your tongue... :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Voyager said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I do like the warmth of summer. I'm really dreading having to layer up (I hate the term "bundle up" and refuse to use it) again this winter to do my job. 

Bite your tongue... :P

Could be quite the squall like line over your way tomorrow afternoon...if at home.

I had 83 at my house yesterday for the high, NWS posted 79 was their high.

We was suppose to get some rain yesterday afternoon but that never materialized. 

New York currently has some tornado warnings going on.

Penn Yan, Bath, Hornell 

Stay dry today.

71 degrees this morning, a warm start. Could we possibly already hit our high for the day...

Edit: Tornado warning out around Pittsburgh - Beaver county.

13 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I guess that is what I meant in some manner though I personally know no one under 35 who could care less about the GFS.  LOL.  There are a few on here that I have not met.  Lots of millennials in the OT area from what I read. 

8 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Down in OT they are doing a survey on how to pronounce your town name.  

Look at you shamelessly promoting OT.