Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

38 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Was not sure what "as a scratch" meant but guessing this highlight?

image.thumb.png.4b8429f96b92ee5704fd40ac402e3e19.png

That’s it. Scratch beer is low-volume beer they brew that isn’t shipped but available at the brewery on draft and in cans. They used to produce it yesterday round but hips got too expensive for it so they just do in mid October now.  

9 hours ago, canderson said:

That’s it. Scratch beer is low-volume beer they brew that isn’t shipped but available at the brewery on draft and in cans. They used to produce it yesterday round but hips got too expensive for it so they just do in mid October now.  

Seems you enjoyed quite a few. Cheers!

• Haha 2

Good morning everyone. I see that there is now a 90% chance of showers on Saturday.

I was thinking of taking my family up to Knoebel’s for the day on Saturday. 
What are your thoughts on the rain chances on Saturday. Would it be just a few hours of scattered showers or a most of the day light to moderate steady rain?

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

53 and quite foggy this AM.  

25 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Good morning everyone. I see that there is now a 90% chance of showers on Saturday.

I was thinking of taking my family up to Knoebel’s for the day on Saturday. 
What are your thoughts on the rain chances on Saturday. Would it be just a few hours of scattered showers or a most of the day light to moderate steady rain?

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Looks to me like it will probably rain for a few hours especially the farther north you go.  I think your bigger issue is the temps.  If the earlier front passage comes to fruition, it could be dropping temps and breezy most of the day.

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

53 and quite foggy this AM.  

Looks to me like it will probably rain for a few hours especially the farther north you go.  I think your bigger issue is the temps.  If the earlier front passage comes to fruition, it could be dropping temps and breezy most of the day.

Thanks, what Is the approximate timing of the few hours of rain on Saturday for the Knoebel’s area?

Haven't been around much lately, busy busy, but just popping in to remind everyone not to record that dew as liquid precip.  I had damn near .02" in the gauge this morning but you aint foolin this guy!  Fog is nice and soupy this morning.  So it appears we have an outside shot at a high temp record friday and then a much better shot at a max min record friday night.  Cool beans.

39 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Haven't been around much lately, busy busy, but just popping in to remind everyone not to record that dew as liquid precip.  I had damn near .02" in the gauge this morning but you aint foolin this guy!  Fog is nice and soupy this morning.  So it appears we have an outside shot at a high temp record friday and then a much better shot at a max min record friday night.  Cool beans.

Remember that the temps Friday AM can count as the low for Friday and the temps Saturday afternoon/Evening can count for the Saturday low. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Remember that the temps Friday AM can count as the low for Friday and the temps Saturday afternoon/Evening can count for the Saturday low. 

Oh yes I am keenly aware of the midnight cutoffs and the confusion they can create.  In this instance I was just rushing and didn't think it through haha but you are spot on.  We are likely to get screwed by both the saturday afternoon frontal passage and the temps in the 50s tomorrow morning.  So, even though there will be a solid 24 hour period where the temp doesn't drop below 64ish, it will be split up in a way that won't allow for any records, as we've all seen countless times before, but that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes.  In short, I take back everything I said and there will be no records being breached.  I will now crawl back into my cave. :lol:

As of 11:45am it’s 70 and sunny here, light breeze; closest Ambient station says dew point is 60.6 but it feels very comfortable outside right now.

Some of you would probably consider it too warm but to my mind this is a perfect fall day. Hope you all get a chance to enjoy it.

2 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Oh yes I am keenly aware of the midnight cutoffs and the confusion they can create.  In this instance I was just rushing and didn't think it through haha but you are spot on.  We are likely to get screwed by both the saturday afternoon frontal passage and the temps in the 50s tomorrow morning.  So, even though there will be a solid 24 hour period where the temp doesn't drop below 64ish, it will be split up in a way that won't allow for any records, as we've all seen countless times before, but that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes.  In short, I take back everything I said and there will be no records being breached.  I will now crawl back into my cave. :lol:

LOL.  Not at all trying to correct just remembered myself since Midnight highs have killed many record colds as well.