Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

35 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

It’s what the models have done 5-7 days ahead of every single seasonable period that’s been advertised this fall.

Yes, that's the troubling part - and that has been a reoccurring theme for the past several years. With the weather sometimes delayed ends up being denied. (or delayed a lot more than what we'd want) 

Can anyone remember a time where we had 9 or so days of it being cloudy with practically no rain and around the same temps? Only times I can recall is if we had a tropical system that gets stuck and it raining for days on end. But I don't remember never seeing the sun this long without any rain. It definitely seems like a rare pattern

Meanwhile…currently in Casper, Wyoming…

Winter Storm Warning

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Riverton WY
603 PM MDT Tue Oct 12 2021

WYZ020-022-131200-
/O.CON.KRIW.WS.W.0010.000000T0000Z-211013T1800Z/
Natrona County Lower Elevations-Casper Mountain-
Including the city of Casper
603 PM MDT Tue Oct 12 2021

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON MDT
WEDNESDAY...

* WHAT...Moderate to heavy snow expected. Total storm total snow
  accumulations of 8 to 12 inches with locally 15 inches. Winds
  gusting as high as 35 mph.

* WHERE...Natrona County and Casper Mountain.

* WHEN...Now until noon Wednesday.

* SNOWFALL TOTALS SO FAR...Snowfall around Casper as of late this
  afternoon have ranged from 6 to 10 inches.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult over Casper Mountain
  and on Outer Drive. Interstate 25 north of Casper and other
  roads north of Casper are still closed as of 6 PM MDT.

• Like 1

I am sitting here quite comfy at 3:25am.  The average high for October 13 in Williamsport happens to be the current temperature, which is 63.  The average low is 42. Later today we are supposed to hit 73.

This month so far has been heavenly for this time of year.  I have yet to go out in the afternoon in long sleeves, much less a sweater.  One night I went to the store around 9:00 and put a sweater on.  That's it.  I am not ready for the change over on Saturday and I am not ready to give up daylight savings time in a few weeks, either.  

I will always think of the summer of 2020 as the summer of blue skies -- with the drought we had a lot fewer cloudy days. Looks like 2021 will be the summer that didn't want to leave.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes, that's the troubling part - and that has been a reoccurring theme for the past several years. With the weather sometimes delayed ends up being denied. (or delayed a lot more than what we'd want) 

Question…not to start a political debate but could climate change impact models being able to sniff out long term pattern changes since part of modeling will be based on historical norms that maybe no longer apply? 

I mean just anecdotally, but I remember growing up October days in the 40’s and some snow flakes weren’t all that rare and I remember multiple times in November we would see either clippers/LES drop an inch or two of snow in my area. 

These things seem almost non existent the last 5-10 years and I honestly can’t remember the last Alberta clipper we had. 

13 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Question…not to start a political debate but could climate change impact models being able to sniff out long term pattern changes since part of modeling will be based on historical norms that maybe no longer apply? 

I mean just anecdotally, but I remember growing up October days in the 40’s and some snow flakes weren’t all that rare and I remember multiple times in November we would see either clippers/LES drop an inch or two of snow in my area. 

These things seem almost non existent the last 5-10 years and I honestly can’t remember the last Alberta clipper we had. 

Didn’t we get a good LES day during that record cold we had in November 2019? At the time I thought it was the start of a great winter. :lol:

47 minutes ago, canderson said:

Bottomed out way down to ……. 66 this morning. I’ve not work long sleeves yet. Shorts the last two weeks.

Never-ending June marches on. 

Loving these Temps. But not the constant cloud cover and some light drizzle. Saving on the heating bill. But I'm sure it will change. That constant wind and cold temperatures are not far off.

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

After getting down to 59 on Monday night, only reached a low of 64 this morning. Feels a bit more humid than the past several days as well. 

@Bubbler86 that picture you posted from last evening was incredible. I haven't seen more than the tiniest patches of blue sky here in what seems like 2 weeks now. 

That was our first blue in along time as well but we are totally socked in again now.