Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

15 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Pretty unusual temps both yesterday morning and again this morning.  The spread between daily high and daily low was less than 2 degrees until around 9:30am yesterday morning with the low of 64.8 and the high of 66.0.  Then again this morning at 10:50am the current temp is 65.3.  So far today the high since midnight has been 65.8 and the low 64.0.  That spread is very unusual for this time of the year.  Today is more dramatic with this spread of 1.8 degrees still ongoing near 11:00am.  The morning lows of 64 for 2 consecutive days in a row is pretty amazing.  Finally, I've remained at or above 64.0 degrees continuously since Sunday morning around 10:00am which is now 49 hours in duration and will likely continue until at least tonight I would think.

Great information, warmer than normal nights have become all too commonplace. I think that more than warmer days contributes to the + monthly departures, but that's a feeling i have and haven't looked into it more than that. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Great information, warmer than normal nights have become all too commonplace. I think that more than warmer days contributes to the + monthly departures, but that's a feeling i have and haven't looked into it more than that. 

You're not imagining things.  It absolutely is the warmer nights that contribute more to the positive monthly departures.  The monthly weather summaries for MDT almost always confirm that.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

The normal high at MDT does not drop into the 50's until November 2nd. 

Exactly. Reality is that most of fall is..."warm" but with cool nights. That's what we're missing for the most part. Lows just a few degrees below normal highs make it seem far warmer than what we'd like to think it should be. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Exactly. Reality is that most of fall is..."warm" but with cool nights. That's what we're missing for the most part. Lows just a few degrees below normal highs make it seem far warmer than what we'd like to think it should be. 

If we had highs in the 50's right now, some would be complaining about no fall as well...right into winter.   I think most real fall weather people remember came from times in November vs. October.  Just an opinion. I remember sweating in my Halloween mask every year.   I went as Elliott Abrams. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If we had highs in the 50's right now, some would be complaining about no fall as well...right into winter.   I think most real fall weather people remember came from times in November vs. October.  Just an opinion. I remember sweating in my Halloween mask every year.   I went as Elliott Abrams. 

I wouldn't I just for once want a normal fall. As with every year this is far from normal. 

8 minutes ago, paweather said:

I wouldn't I just for once want a normal fall. As with every year this is far from normal. 

That is the point.  If it were in the 50's now (highs) , it would not be normal. Its been too warm but  its supposed to be in the 70's for highs and low 50's for lows right now.  So highs of 68 or 74, etc...pretty normal...or lows of 54, 49...pretty normal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superstorm said:

Sign me up for this every October. 70s for highs makes for good outdoor activities.

I don’t really need the “big flip” until late November.

70s is perfect for now. Low to mid 80s is too much for October. And totally agree about the flip, let it be mild now. Bring the cold when we can use it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is the point.  If it were in the 50's now (highs) , it would not be normal. Its been too warm but  its supposed to be in the 70's for highs and low 50's for lows right now.  So highs of 68 or 74, etc...pretty normal...or lows of 54, 49...pretty normal. 

Our lows are way off. And we haven't had a normal fall in years. But I see your point.

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My bitching should be more centered - it's the high lows that irritate me. 72 is awesome if it's back in the mid 60s by 5:30 or whatever. But we're higher than that and I don't recall a more humid start of October. 

1 minute ago, canderson said:

My bitching should be more centered - it's the high lows that irritate me. 72 is awesome if it's back in the mid 60s by 5:30 or whatever. But we're higher than that and I don't recall a more humid start of October. 

Well stated, this is what I've been trying to say for some time. The past several evenings have felt more like late August than early October. 70s at 8-9pm? No thank you. 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Well stated, this is what I've been trying to say for some time. The past several evenings have felt more like late August than early October. 70s at 8-9pm? No thank you. 

Today's not too bad at least! Although it is pretty muggy the thick clouds have kept it around 70. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

Today's not too bad at least! Although it is pretty muggy the thick clouds have kept it around 70. 

That is another issue.  At MDT we are still below normal for our high right now but basically today's high is going to be "normal" it appears.  But it does not feel like a chilly fall day.  its muggy.