Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes, I don't know how he didn't run his AC that month unless his tolerance level of heat has dropped significantly over the past 3 years.

BTW - I got to 79.4 and it hasn't gone above that yet...it's 79.2 here now. 

It has dropped but we were in the office then so could come home and open the house to cool off. SInce we are here and it gets warmer outside than in by noon or so, it just builds up and becomes blah. Life's too short to sit inside a house that is above 75 degrees! 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just looked at every 18Z temps on the EC.  Only one day where you would expect MDT to hit 80 (over the next 10).  It's not at all fall like but also not record warm.   Super ridge over us.   Lot of lows in the 55-62 range. 

Nothing I’ve seen on any model screams record highs, but it’s a long period of temperatures and dewpoints that are tolerable in July but miserable in October.

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

Nothing I’ve seen on any model screams record highs, but it’s a long period of temperatures and dewpoints that are tolerable in July but miserable in October.

True, I just felt a vibe in here today suggesting that records may fall.   As you have alluded to several times, its really just the "new normal".  Now if it is in the mid to upper 70's most of the second half of October, that is a bigger deal. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

True, I just felt a vibe in here today suggesting that records may fall.   As you have alluded to several times, its really just the "new normal".  Now if it is in the mid to upper 70's most of the second half of October, that is a bigger deal. 

GFS keeps reloading with the ridge. Many runs, it’s there in some form through the end of the run. That’s Oct. 20 at this point.

5 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

GFS keeps reloading with the ridge. Many runs, it’s there in some form through the end of the run. That’s Oct. 20 at this point.

But the source region of air/temps as well as daylight hours are decreasing as we move into that area so it takes a real doozy of a "bad pattern" to have this same warmth 20 days from now. Could still be above average of course.  No sign at all of a cold stretch. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

We got quick hitting but loud storm around 11 last night.  ~ .25" in 10 min.   Looks like some areas of Adams, York and Lancaster did better with some in Lancaster getting 2.5". 

Out of nowhere last night around 11:30 there was suddenly a huge flash followed immediately by booming thunder...it was close enough to cause me to randomly popcorn fart. There was NOTHING prior to that - the first lightning/thunder observed was that close. There was one more a few minutes later that was not quite as close but still pretty sharp...and that was it. 

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

.13" for me last night, .05" on Sunday.  September total was 8.88" but exactly half of that came on September 1st.  Peter Sinks, UT hit 8 degrees last night.  Carry on friends.....

I received .06" after midnight. This was well after the lightning/thunder I described above had disappeared, I have no idea what time it rained.

I had .20" on Sunday, .04" yesterday, and then the .06" early this morning. .30" for the 3 day total. 

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Out of nowhere last night around 11:30 there was suddenly a huge flash followed immediately by booming thunder...it was close enough to cause me to randomly popcorn fart. There was NOTHING prior to that - the first lightning/thunder observed was that close. There was one more a few minutes later that was not quite as close but still pretty sharp...and that was it. 

I received .06" after midnight. This was well after the lightning/thunder I described above had disappeared, I have no idea what time it rained.

I had .20" on Sunday, .04" yesterday, and then the .06" early this morning. .30" for the 3 day total. 

According to my buddy's WU station, he got .1" between roughly 11:30-11:50pm and then another .06" between roughly 1:30-2:30am.

Pretty unusual temps both yesterday morning and again this morning.  The spread between daily high and daily low was less than 2 degrees until around 9:30am yesterday morning with the low of 64.8 and the high of 66.0.  Then again this morning at 10:50am the current temp is 65.3.  So far today the high since midnight has been 65.8 and the low 64.0.  That spread is very unusual for this time of the year.  Today is more dramatic with this spread of 1.8 degrees still ongoing near 11:00am.  The morning lows of 64 for 2 consecutive days in a row is pretty amazing.  Finally, I've remained at or above 64.0 degrees continuously since Sunday morning around 10:00am which is now 49 hours in duration and will likely continue until at least tonight I would think.

• Like 1