Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

52 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

3rd wettest September on record at MDT - despite being nearly 4" less than what I had:

weatherstory.gif

here are the extremes for the month from state climate office 

Highest Temperature
   Lancaster 2 NE Filt Plant
    92°F
  September 16th
    Lancaster

Lowest Temperature
  Lewistown
   32°F
 September 26th
   Mifflin

Greatest Cumulative Liquid Precipitation
 Lewistown
  12.79”
September 1st- 30th
  Mifflin

Least Cumulative Liquid Precipitation
   Washington County AP
   2.53”
 September 1st- 30th
    Washington

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, MrFreeze6298 said:

OK Good thanks you

My post was badly mangled by my talk to text converter, my apologies, but here is what I was trying to say. 

We were just talking about how a town not far from Harrisburg got to 32 a week or so ago.   If correct they probably had some frost then. 

16 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Every time I think the models can’t make October look any more ridiculous, they run again:

6C7F25AE-B5AA-467B-9E4F-247FA70D2325.jpeg.f9648f800b6fcea577bf8de5c26466de.jpeg

This is great in my opinion.

Below normal and a “good” pattern do us absolutely no good in October and early November if you want cold or snow in this region most years.

Save the flip to a below normal pattern with a trough in the east that can produce snow until mid or late November. Then roll the good pattern right through the heart of Winter!

7 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

This is great in my opinion.

Below normal and a “good” pattern do us absolutely no good in October and early November if you want cold or snow in this region most years.

Save the flip to a below normal pattern with a trough in the east that can produce snow until mid or late November. Then roll the good pattern right through the heart of Winter!

Agreed that a cold pattern in October does us no good when it comes to the snow we want. But there’s a difference between a nice, seasonable to warm October vs. a seemingly endless string of days with highs pushing 80, lows in the 60s and summerlike 60-65 dewpoints. If that run verifies, think 2007.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

Agreed that a cold pattern in October does us no good when it comes to the snow we want. But there’s a difference between a nice, seasonable to warm October vs. a seemingly endless string of days with highs pushing 80, lows in the 60s and summerlike 60-65 dewpoints. If that run verifies, think 2007.

I agree.  80's is always bad in October.  Good for late season tennis.  Bad for the weather nerds. Bad for the electric bill.