Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was looking back through some of our old threads...March has been very good to us (at least in the LSV) in recent years. (2021 not included) 

March of 2019 also had a great first week of the month. We had 2 advisory events & 1 Warning level snow events within 5 days of each other. I think many of us got around 3 inches each for the first 2 events and then around 6 inches with the Warning event. MDT got about 12 inches combined with those 3 early March events. 
Another memorable part on here about these early March of 2019 snow events was that @Bubbler86 had one of the storms named after him! Most of us were focused on the first and third events. Meanwhile, @Bubbler86 was all over the potential of the second event. We named the storm in his honor. Good times on here!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was looking back through some of our old threads...March has been very good to us (at least in the LSV) in recent years. (2021 not included) 

March of 2015 also had a few snow Advisory level events from early to mid March. That Winter got started early with the snowstorm just before Thanksgiving of 2014. Then, there was a lull in the action until Mid January. The pattern produced many snow events from late January through mid March.

14 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@sauss06 regarding a post you made in another thread today about March snows and the lack of them for the past 15 years - we've had a couple of doozies in the past 5 years. I know for a fact that in both March 2017 and March 2018 we were crushed. Many in our area had between 12-18" on the first day of spring in 2018. :) 

Like normal, you're correct. I had to go back and look. March 21st 2018 i had 8.5"

6 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Looks like MDT fell short of 70 yesterday and missed out on tying that consecutive days record, so we’ll just move the goalposts:

3BEDDBA1-2CF1-46E5-B5AB-3E5338F56A45.jpeg.4e63deece1df7367279b6ff6233a9b01.jpeg

Move the goal posts kind of like the collective brain power of UVA did, last night, to secure a terribly defensively played victory over the criminals in South Florida? 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, paweather said:

Baltimore takes 2 from Boston Huge and now the Red Sox are tied in the WC. 

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Thanks for ruining the next 30 min of my morning.  :-).  The Red Sox have a "backing up" sound following them around right now. 

Certainly no vendetta against Bubbler and Canderson, but as a lifelong O's fan...there was absolutely some real satisfaction taking the series. Sox fans were filing out very quietly last night. O's sound man picked up on the moment and put "Happy Trails" on the speakers. Good times. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Certainly no vendetta against Bubbler and Canderson, but as a lifelong O's fan...there was absolutely some real satisfaction taking the series. Sox fans were filing out very quietly last night. O's sound man picked up on the moment and put "Happy Trails" on the speakers. Good times. 

Too funny - Happy Trails...

1 minute ago, paweather said:

Too funny - Happy Trails...

My favorite all time end of game song was when the Yank's stadium was playing "Start spreading the news" at the end of the improbable Red Sox come back from 3-0 down in 2004.   I know its their typical end of game song but after that debacle it probably called for no song or something different. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My favorite all time end of game song was when the Yank's stadium was playing "Start spreading the news" at the end of the improbable Red Sox come back from 3-0 down in 2004.   I know its their typical end of game song but after that debacle it probably called for no song or something different. 

HAHA! Yep I can imagine no song after that!

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I remember watching O's-Yankees games on TV as a kid and hearing that song in the background during the postgame wrap-up. I think they only played it after wins if I remember correctly, so I obviously was not in a good mood whenever I heard it. 

I will say on my trips to Yankee Stadium (2 each old/new) that it was cool to hear it live in person for sentimental reasons. Yankees have won all 4 games I've seen in person including 2 against the Birds. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

So is it looking like a very wet time coming up for the first 15 days of October?

I am hoping we get something.  I am one of the group wetinista's but several with weeks with little rain is not great.   A lot of the rain next week is absed on the movements of a tropical system so that is pretty much coin flip time.  GFS has backed way off a more wet forecast a day or two ago. 

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am hoping we get something.  I am one of the group wetinista's but several with weeks with little rain is not great.   A lot of the rain next week is absed on the movements of a tropical system so that is pretty much coin flip time.  GFS has backed way off a more wet forecast a day or two ago. 

And in turn, CTP has taken me from "likely" to "chance" of rain next week. 

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Dts video from yesterday said the Precip keeps on coming basically the 15 days of this month.