Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

4 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Still 38-3.  LOL  If GA keeps the foot on the pedal, they could put up an 70 spot.  If so I think they should be Number 1 unless Alabama shows they have fixed their defense. 

While you were correct, fact is, Villanova completely controlled the line of scrimmage. For much of the game Penn State could not run the ball AT ALL. Clifford was protected fairly well early on in the passing game but PSU's front line never got a push. It was sideways/backwards all day. 

Being a one-dimensional offense will not end well as they get into the meat of the schedule. 

Today was sort of a wake up call. Not to mention...Auburn is trailing the Georgia State Panthers in the 4th quarter...at Jordan Hare...so last week's win looks a little more tainted. 

27 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

While you were correct, fact is, Villanova completely controlled the line of scrimmage. For much of the game Penn State could not run the ball AT ALL. Clifford was protected fairly well early on in the passing game but PSU's front line never got a push. It was sideways/backwards all day. 

Being a one-dimensional offense will not end well as they get into the meat of the schedule. 

Today was sort of a wake up call. Not to mention...Auburn is trailing the Georgia State Panthers in the 4th quarter...at Jordan Hare...so last week's win looks a little more tainted. 

I did not watch the game I just chuckled when I saw the score at that point.    If you want to control the line, play Alabama.  

Nice write up from CTP this morning 

CLIMATE... Harrisburg`s latest 90-degree day on record is Oct. 7 in the 1941. With summer in the rearview mirror and given the fall pattern going forward, it`s probably safe to say that there won`t be any more 90 degree days this year. So in 2021, Harrisburg likely finishes with 34 days where the maximum temperature was >= 90F. That ties 2010 and 1955 with the 14th highest on record. The top 3 are 1966 (60), 1944 (48), and 1943 (46)

More interestingly, 2021 currently ranks 2nd for the number of days with minimum temperatures >= 70F in Harrisburg. The top 3 are 2020 (50), 2021 (48), and 2016 (42). 8 of the top 10 years are in the 2000s. Those warm summer nights... &&

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

CLIMATE... Harrisburg`s latest 90-degree day on record is Oct. 7 in the 1941. With summer in the rearview mirror and given the fall pattern going forward, it`s probably safe to say that there won`t be any more 90 degree days this year. So in 2021, Harrisburg likely finishes with 34 days where the maximum temperature was >= 90F. That ties 2010 and 1955 with the 14th highest on record. The top 3 are 1966 (60), 1944 (48), and 1943 (46)

More interestingly, 2021 currently ranks 2nd for the number of days with minimum temperatures >= 70F in Harrisburg. The top 3 are 2020 (50), 2021 (48), and 2016 (42). 8 of the top 10 years are in the 2000s. Those warm summer nights... &&

I want to say it but not going to spoil the intent of your thread.  LOL 

• Like 1

Higher dewpoints are making for the warmer climate.

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Ha.  I figured with that type of tropical moisture feed. Even my rain thirsty thought processes think that is too much though. That almost looks like an Agnes Redux tilted slightly East. . 

Stalled system after stalled system. But a good bit of it is in fantasy range. The 0z run has about an inch over the entire model run in the areas that are wettest on that map.

2 hours ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

If I'm finished for the year, I recorded 45 days at or above 90 here, with 51 mornings where I stayed at or above 70.

I'm a little more convinced I won't see 90 again than I'll see another night above 70. Shoot, Christmas Eve a few years ago I didn't get below 63 one night. 

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If I'm finished for the year, I recorded 45 days at or above 90 here, with 51 mornings where I stayed at or above 70.

I'm a little more convinced I won't see 90 again than I'll see another night above 70. Shoot, Christmas Eve a few years ago I didn't get below 63 one night. 

I’m trying to forget the “Grinch” storm from last year that wiped out our 10 to 15 inches of snow last Christmas Eve!

33 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

This is the Steelers team I expected and led me to my 6-11 prediction.

Which might be too optimistic.

Every bit as bad as we expected. Going to be a long fall/early winter. Hopefully we get a rockin’ December on the weather front to take my mind off of how much this team sucks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Every bit as bad as we expected. Going to be a long fall/early winter. Hopefully we get a rockin’ December on the weather front to take my mind off of how much this team sucks.

Hard to see this team winning anything within the division at this point. Hopefully; as you said, calls for a front end loaded winter materialize...

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Hard to see this team winning anything within the division at this point. Hopefully; as you said, calls for a front end loaded winter materialize...

Let Rudolph and Haskins platoon at QB the rest of the season and see if we have a successor to Ben. Then if we don’t, draft one with what will almost certainly be a top 10 pick. He’s toast.

21 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Let Rudolph and Haskins platoon at QB the rest of the season and see if we have a successor to Ben. Then if we don’t, draft one with what will almost certainly be a top 10 pick. He’s toast.

Only thing I am going to point out is that the Buffalo was a big win.  Get a W next week and the Steel is still fine.  

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Only thing I am going to point out is that the Buffalo was was a big win.  Get a W next week and the Steel is still fine.  

Justin Tucker just hit from 66 to take Baltimore to 2-1. Thought only Cleveland would be there. Like Brady, there’s a guy I can’t wait to see retire.

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Only thing I can say is he's on my fantasy team. And that...is why. 

Football kicking has changed so much in the last couple decades.  50 yard FG is literally nothing surprising anymore.   We see some of these 50+ yard FG's that would have made it from 70.   Its crazy. 

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Football kicking has changed so much in the last couple decades.  50 yard FGT is literally nothing surprising anymore.   We see some of these 50+ yard FG's that would have made it from 70. 

He’s only 31. I learned from Tom Brady that that means he’ll be out there for 12+ more years, probably even more since he’s a kicker and doesn’t take a beating. A lot more misery to come.

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Football kicking has changed so much in the last couple decades.  50 yard FG is literally nothing surprising anymore.   We see some of these 50+ yard FG's that would have made it from 70.   Its crazy. 

This is all so very true. 

Still...Tucker is in another class. The guy is special. 

• Like 1