Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Just went for a walk along the river. Two observations:

The weather is spectacular.

The Mosquitoes are quite possibly worse in wooded areas than I've experienced in my lifetime outside of Alaska. We had to bail and walk along Market Street in Marietta. We were absolutely getting swarmed. 

My wife and were talking about mosquitoes Monday. We went out to do a little garden cleaning and were chased back inside - I've never experienced them as bad as then here. If only spotted lanterflys did something good and at mosquitoes ... I have hundreds of those damn things in the garden. We kill 40+ a day.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, canderson said:

My wife and were talking about mosquitoes Monday. We went out to do a little garden cleaning and were chased back inside - I've never experienced them as bad as then here. If only spotted lanterflys did something good and at mosquitoes ... I have hundreds of those damn things in the garden. We kill 40+ a day.  

The lanternflies aren't that bad here...at least not nearly on the level of the mosquitoes. I guess 15" of rain in 3 weeks will do that...

27 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The lanternflies aren't that bad here...at least not nearly on the level of the mosquitoes. I guess 15" of rain in 3 weeks will do that...

I can't see any rhyme or reason on where they are bad/not. Harrisburg is infested with them, but Camp Hill which you know is literally across the river doesn't have them hardly at all (yet). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paweather said:

Lantern Flies are terrible here.....OH, and let's go Phillies. 

On 9/21/2021 at 8:35 AM, Itstrainingtime said:

Meh, let's not overreact...John Means is a very, very good pitcher who is unknown due to the team he pitches for. The guy can flat out deal. I mean, he's already thrown a no-no this year and has been close a couple of other times. He's a legit 15+ game winner (easily) on a good team and when healthy. If there was a game in the series we had a chance to steal, last night was far and away the best opportunity. 

I suspect that the results will be drastically different the rest of the series. 

As I said 2 days ago...

Although, I'm surprised by how lousy the Phillies lineup did against minor league pitching the last 2 nights. Hard to believe how close Baltimore came to sweeping the series. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Well...this matches up VERY well with my 3.86" for the event. Elizabethtown coming in at 3.82" and MDT at 3.84"...

I called the NWS at CTP and they verified that the airport is going down as 1.8".  I thought it was low as well but I needed the exact figure for one of my construction clients doing their daily field reports.   This whole thing is a mess.    They also verified that LNS is 1.66.  I showed them this chart and they said these are COOP reports and not official.  What a cluster.   I would be really going off the deep end except the usually reliable radar simulation report is verifying correctly almost everywhere that takes official readings.  Its a tad low for MDT and LNS but within 1/2". 

Edit-I will check the official daily summaries tomorrow AM and see if I was told the truth or if they just like to jerk with people who call. 

29 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I called the NWS at CTP and they verified that the airport is going down as 1.8".  I thought it was low as well but I needed the exact figure for one of my construction clients doing their daily field reports.   This whole thing is a mess.    They also verified that LNS is 1.66.  I showed them this chart and they said these are COOP reports and not official.  What a cluster.   I would be really going off the deep end except the usually reliable radar simulation report is verifying correctly almost everywhere that takes official readings.  Its a tad low for MDT and LNS but within 1/2". 

Edit-I will check the official daily summaries tomorrow AM and see if I was told the truth or if they just like to jerk with people who call. 

I don't understand this at all (not you...the official numbers) when virtually every station within a 25 mile radius of both MDT and LNS were between 3-4". I checked with several friends that have rain gauges and every one of 'em had well over 3". 

The numbers reported on that graph seem to be perfectly aligned to every actual measurement I've obtained. 

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I don't understand this at all (not you...the official numbers) when virtually every station within a 25 mile radius of both MDT and LNS were between 3-4". I checked with several friends that have rain gauges and every one of 'em had well over 3". 

The numbers reported on that graph seem to be perfectly aligned to every actual measurement I've obtained. 

I do not either.   Will wait to see their official summary tomorrow.  The other thing that bothers me in the simulated radar.  

I checked their daily summary for yesterday and it matches the airports readings of .47 through midnight so I suspect it will match tomorrow for 9/23.