Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

10 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

It's baseball, everyone loses to bad teams, many times over.  But I hear ya, they need to take care of business with everything that's on the line.

8 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

You figure, even a 48-102 team like the Orioles is averaging one win per series.

Sort of agree...BUT,

The Orioles are 1-18 against the Rays this year.

The Orioles recently snapped a 17 game HOME losing streak to the Yankees. 

15 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I dipped to 55 last night, 53 the night before.  Not much rain here the last couple of weeks but it looks like we should be in for some nice inverted trough action Wednesday into Thursday.  Throw in some comfortable temps, sign me up.  Also, it should be noted that the national high of 109 yesterday did not occur at Death Valley, but rather Rio Grande Village, TX.  Carry on.....

Looking more and more like a couple of inches of rain...perhaps a little more coming this week. 

I should end up comfortably over a foot of rain for the month. 

20 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sort of agree...BUT,

Pirates had some ridiculous streak against the Brewers awhile back. Like 20+ consecutive losses in Milwaukee.

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sort of agree...BUT,

It is true that the Orioles are a special kind of bad haha but hey they are still battling it out with the D-backs for worst record, both tied at 48-102!

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Looking more and more like a couple of inches of rain...perhaps a little more coming this week. 

I should end up comfortably over a foot of rain for the month. 

Yeah looking more and more like a potent little event.  You will crush me this month.  I shouldn't end up anywhere near a foot. 

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Pirates had some ridiculous streak against the Brewers awhile back. Like 20+ consecutive losses in Milwaukee.

I was aware of that - I wasn't trying to be argumentative, it's generally fair to say in baseball that bad teams will beat good teams at least a few times. There are situations where it does not happen hardly ever. Yankees were something like 28-2 at Camden Yards over a 3 year period. 

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

It is true that the Orioles are a special kid of bad haha but hey they are still battling it out with the D-backs for worst record, both tied at 48-102!

Yeah looking more and more like a potent little event.  You will crush me this month.  I shouldn't end up anywhere near a foot. 

Incredible. I need just over 1" to get there.

And yes...my Orioles do bad very good. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Game was awesome, as always.  Thanks for asking.  Tailgated all day with a solid group and left with no voice ha.  As for the game itself, I thought it was a very competitive and physical affair.  Auburn impressed me with how they handled the environment.  Speaking of which, what Penn State has done with the whiteout over the years is really something special and unmatched in college football as far as I'm concerned.  We're going to the Auburn game next year so I look forward to seeing how things compare down there.  They really showed out with a lot of their fans making the trip and I think it will be the same with Penn Staters down there next year.  These games are good for the sport, not enough of them.  I actually recorded the game and started rewatching it last night, since you know, things get a little hazy with the night games and all day tailgating haha.  Such an impressive scene.  The only other home game I can make this year is Michigan, selling off the rest of my tickets.

Glad you had a great time.  I look forward to the next trip to happy valley.
E

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was aware of that - I wasn't trying to be argumentative, it's generally fair to say in baseball that bad teams will beat good teams at least a few times. There are situations where it does not happen hardly ever. Yankees were something like 28-2 at Camden Yards over a 3 year period. 

Not arguing here either. It’s just an interesting stat.

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You got plans to go back this year? I'll be at the next 2 home games after this week. 

No.  Probably will be next year, but it the right opportunity came up, who knows.  We want to plan to get a nice group together and see what tix we can get and many in my crew are hunters, so really September games are what we'd want to do.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Its definitely trended more toward normal vs. below normal. 

Next week has trended above. Nothing like starting October with a few +10s to +15s to cripple the chances of a below normal month. Despite the normals going up by a lot, PIT could still be 6/10 on above normal months this year and MDT will be even more than that.

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Next week has trended above. Nothing like starting October with a few +10s to +15s to cripple the chances of a below normal month. Despite the normals going up by a lot, PIT could still be 6/10 on above normal months this year and MDT will be even more than that.

When I had written my post, I had not seen the low 80's.  Now that will be VERY above normal for Oct.  That is not good.  This little Sept warmth (especially over here where we are about -1.5 for the month right now) was ok but 80's in October sucks. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

When I had written my post, I had not seen the low 80's.  Now that will be VERY above normal for Oct.  That is not good.  This little Sept warmth (especially over here where we are about -1.5 for the month right now) was ok but 80's in October sucks. 

Was hoping to turn off my a/c for good this week. The fact that I haven’t on 9/21 is already ridiculous and stupid, but now there’s a chance I can’t until October.