Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

23 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Congrats to the refs who gifted the game to Dallas! The league always tries to keep the Cowboys relevant early in the season. They didn’t want Dallas to go 0-2!

How do you miss this?

It wouldn’t be NFL season if we weren’t talking about officiating controversies the day after a big game. 

The new year got off to a thrilling start with the Buccaneers’ comeback win over the Cowboys on Thursday night. Dak Prescott looked great, 11 months after breaking his ankle, but Tom Brady was equally great and led Tampa Bay on a game-winning drive in the final moments. 

The biggest play of that drive was a flawless back-shoulder throw from Brady to Chris Godwin that put the Bucs in field goal range. There’s no denying that the timing of the throw was impeccable, but Godwin made the catch easy for himself by, ahem, making a little extra room. Was it offensive pass interference? You be the judge. 

It looked like a penalty to me, but I wasn’t the one wearing the striped shirt. 

The non-call essentially won the game for the Bucs, but it wasn’t the only big missed penalty that went against Dallas. Late in the second quarter, the Cowboys took over with great field position after an interception by Trevon Diggs on a botched screen pass. They ended up going three and out and settling for a field goal, but the drive should have been extended if the officials had properly enforced the rules. 

On the third-down play, Prescott threw a pass over the middle that was broken up by Lavonte David. Upset that he wasn’t able to secure the interception, David ripped off his helmet and slammed it on the turf. Every football fan knows that’s a penalty, but David wasn’t called for one. 

Of course the Godwin play is going to garner more attention, because it led directly to the game-winning field goal. But Cowboys fans should be upset with the missed call on David, too. The non-call on Godwin is a matter of debate, but the rulebook is crystal clear about taking your helmet off. David’s display of frustration should have been a 15-yard penalty that gave the Cowboys a new set of downs at the 8-yard line. It’s inexcusable that such an obvious penalty would go uncalled. There’s no guarantee that Dallas would have capitalized by scoring a touchdown, but every scoring opportunity is valuable in a game as close as this one. 

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2021/09/10/cowboys-buccaneers-lavonte-david-missed-call-helmet

4 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT is 2.2 + on departures before today so still looks like 2-3 when the cool air gets here and they start back down.  

Days on end of +10, then a couple days of -3 or -4, then right back to normal. It’s the way it goes anymore. I don’t see how this month doesn’t end up at least +2. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Highs in the 60's and lows in the 40's will be -10 to -15 departures.   If it happens. 

Most forecasts in the MDT area are running 72/52 for a few days, which is about a -3 this late in September. Mine are about 68/48, which is also about a -3.

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Most forecasts in the MDT area are running 72/52 for a few days, which is about a -3 this late in September. Mine are about 68/48, which is also about a -3.

I’ll take 70/50 over the garbage we’ve had the past couple weeks, but there’s never a corresponding -10 as a reward for getting through all this +10 crap.

20 hours ago, paweather said:

@Mount Joy SnowmanHow was the game?

Game was awesome, as always.  Thanks for asking.  Tailgated all day with a solid group and left with no voice ha.  As for the game itself, I thought it was a very competitive and physical affair.  Auburn impressed me with how they handled the environment.  Speaking of which, what Penn State has done with the whiteout over the years is really something special and unmatched in college football as far as I'm concerned.  We're going to the Auburn game next year so I look forward to seeing how things compare down there.  They really showed out with a lot of their fans making the trip and I think it will be the same with Penn Staters down there next year.  These games are good for the sport, not enough of them.  I actually recorded the game and started rewatching it last night, since you know, things get a little hazy with the night games and all day tailgating haha.  Such an impressive scene.  The only other home game I can make this year is Michigan, selling off the rest of my tickets.

9 minutes ago, paweather said:

That was terrible. Phillies stink.

Meh, let's not overreact...John Means is a very, very good pitcher who is unknown due to the team he pitches for. The guy can flat out deal. I mean, he's already thrown a no-no this year and has been close a couple of other times. He's a legit 15+ game winner (easily) on a good team and when healthy. If there was a game in the series we had a chance to steal, last night was far and away the best opportunity. 

I suspect that the results will be drastically different the rest of the series. 

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Game was awesome, as always.  Thanks for asking.  Tailgated all day with a solid group and left with no voice ha.  As for the game itself, I thought it was a very competitive and physical affair.  Auburn impressed me with how they handled the environment.  Speaking of which, what Penn State has done with the whiteout over the years is really something special and unmatched in college football as far as I'm concerned.  We're going to the Auburn game next year so I look forward to seeing how things compare down there.  They really showed out with a lot of their fans making the trip and I think it will be the same with Penn Staters down there next year.  These games are good for the sport, not enough of them.  I actually recorded the game and started rewatching it last night, since you know, things get a little hazy with the night games and all day tailgating haha.  Such an impressive scene.  The only other home game I can make this year is Michigan, selling off the rest of my tickets.

Good stuff!

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Meh, let's not overreact...John Means is a very, very good pitcher who is unknown due to the team he pitches for. The guy can flat out deal. I mean, he's already thrown a no-no this year and has been close a couple of other times. He's a legit 15+ game winner (easily) on a good team and when healthy. If there was a game in the series we had a chance to steal, last night was far and away the best opportunity. 

I suspect that the results will be drastically different the rest of the series. 

Yes but the Phillies are in the playoff race and now with the Braves winning last night are 3 back. Not a good game to lose. 

I dipped to 55 last night, 53 the night before.  Not much rain here the last couple of weeks but it looks like we should be in for some nice inverted trough action Wednesday into Thursday.  Throw in some comfortable temps, sign me up.  Also, it should be noted that the national high of 109 yesterday did not occur at Death Valley, but rather Rio Grande Village, TX.  Carry on.....