Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

49 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The average high at MDT is still 77 as of yesterday.

I was telling my family yesterday that mid 80’s in mid September are not that unusual. 

I gave them an example that it was like a February day when the average high is in the low 40’s but the high gets to the low 50’s. 
My point was that yesterday was not too far out of the normal range of high temperatures. 
Temps typically ranging from 5 to 10 degrees above or below normal are what produces our “average” temperatures.

This is my point and case for why the word heat wave is thrown around too liberally. In July and August its triple digits or bust, IMO. 

10 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Yeah, that 12z EC run looks like a fluke now. The normally steady Euro went from cool to warm to cool in its last 3 runs.

I think there is a preponderance of evidence that we should have a fairly cool second half of Sept.

This just in.  If its on the internet, it must be true.   A season long Chattanooga Choo Choo pattern 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think there is a preponderance of evidence that we should have a fairly cool second half of Sept.

This just in.  If its on the internet, it must be true. 

I’m hearing a lot about the polar vortex. I’ll believe it when I see it.

19 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

How are the Euro Weeklies and long range CFS looking for October?

Maybe @losetoa6 can take a look for us as well?

That is @losetoa6's gig.  I want to know why, yet again, it is completely cloudy on a Sunny forecast.  LOL.  Been a trend of those lately.  Clouds are thick as well.  

6 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

76/57.  Winds NE @ 7mph.   Perfect day.   Have a rebel red for me.   The pizza with mushrooms is my favorite 

We went with twisted thicket and one blueberry adult slushie.  And margarita pizza.  And I agree it's a perfect day for this.  One last summer fling.  Lol.  Musician is playing a lot of 90's grunge which is good by me but making the wife frown.  Lol. 

Just now, Voyager said:

That's not nice...

Yeah, I know. 

I grew up surrounded by passionate Phillies fans...parents, extended family, and friends. They were everywhere. Spent the first several years of my life going to the Vet (this was in the early/mid 1970s) and my path was set. Until...

My dad worked for an outdoor advertising company that does billboards. His company had season tickets to the Orioles, seats were literally front row behind home plate. He took me to my first O's game in 1976 and that was it. I was hooked. I never looked back, been a die hard fan for 45 years now. At that point it became "fun" to go against everyone I knew and started rooting against the Phillies. Nothing was sweeter than beating the Phils at the Vet to win the 1983 World Series.

Unfortunately, that was a long time ago and the great moments have been few and far between ever since. 

A lot of baseball fans today do not realize how great the Orioles organization was back in the 60s and 70s. "The Oriole Way" was something that most organizations tried to emulate (unsuccessfully) for many years until the Hoffberger family sold out to Edward Bennett Williams and then eventually, the despised Angelos family. That family has ruined a once proud organization. It's sad. 

19 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yeah, I know. 

I grew up surrounded by passionate Phillies fans...parents, extended family, and friends. They were everywhere. Spent the first several years of my life going to the Vet (this was in the early/mid 1970s) and my path was set. Until...

My dad worked for an outdoor advertising company that does billboards. His company had season tickets to the Orioles, seats were literally front row behind home plate. He took me to my first O's game in 1976 and that was it. I was hooked. I never looked back, been a die hard fan for 45 years now. At that point it became "fun" to go against everyone I knew and started rooting against the Phillies. Nothing was sweeter than beating the Phils at the Vet to win the 1983 World Series.

Unfortunately, that was a long time ago and the great moments have been few and far between ever since. 

A lot of baseball fans today do not realize how great the Orioles organization was back in the 60s and 70s. "The Oriole Way" was something that most organizations tried to emulate (unsuccessfully) for many years until the Hoffberger family sold out to Edward Bennett Williams and then eventually, the despised Angelos family. That family has ruined a once proud organization. It's sad. 

At least you have the Steelers. Oh wait, these injuries to the defense are going to kill us.