• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

Well here we go, Euro slows down the mid-week front and keeps even me warm on Wednesday (upper 70s), then a short period of slightly below normal temps before bouncing back to average or slightly above. CPC map and discussion for week 3-4 doesn’t exactly inspire confidence that our last 80 degree day occurs during the current stretch either. GFS is waffling (latest run is prolonged cool temps, but I’ve seen both). 

1 hour ago, KEITH L.I said:

When to the lanternflies go away?..Hopefully the first frost. Hate those bugs!

They’re here to stay. Cross fingers they find an insecticide that can kill them without harming anything else cause they will become a dominant species if not. Have zero predators, lay millions of eggs, hatch fast. Saw they’re in Kansas now. Once they get to California money will go into finding a solution cause they’ll decimate the vineyards. 

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

Who do you think is better? Georgia? 

Alabama's defense is terrible.  Who is better?  Not sure, but Florida took a quarter to get going otherwise they could have put a 40 spot on Bama.  No QB pressure, cannot defend the pass. Florida had trouble offensively against a Division 2 team just a couple weeks ago and looked like an offensive juggernaut against a bad defense in Bama. 

15 minutes ago, canderson said:

Who do you think is better? Georgia? 

And you could be spot on if suggesting that despite that defense, no one is better so I should have said 'It's hard to believe that is the number one team in the county".  Florida put up 440 yards on them.  Bama's running game seems suspect as well.   

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Alabama's defense is terrible.  Who is better?  Not sure, but Florida took a quarter to get going otherwise they could have put a 40 spot on Bama.  No QB pressure, cannot defend the pass. Florida had trouble offensively against a Division 2 team just a couple weeks ago and looked like an offensive juggernaut against a bad defense in Bama. 

Florida scored a lot vs Bama last year too. Sometimes great teams struggle with a specific offensive style. I don’t see anyone beating them this year except mayyybe Georgia (but Georgia never wins but games)  

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Florida scored a lot vs Bama last year too. Sometimes great teams struggle with a specific offensive style. I don’t see anyone beating them this year except mayyybe Georgia (but Georgia never wins but games)  

That is one the issues with College football of course...you mostly play the teams in your conference until playoff time.   I have watched all 3 Florida games this year and the way they moved on Alabama made the Tide look helpless. Not sure Alabama stops them any more the rest of that game if it had been extended.  

The clock malfunction was a bit suspicious. Probably should investigate that.  It magically started working again when the game was decided. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is one the issues with College football of course...you mostly play the teams in your conference until playoff time.   I have watched all 3 Florida games this year and the way they moved on Alabama made the Tide look helpless. Not sure Alabama stops them any more the rest of that game if it had been extended.  

The clock malfunction was a bit suspicious. Probably should investigate that.  It magically started working again when the game was decided. 

Florida election officials must be clock keepers. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

All I know is that PSU is 3-0. Right now, that's all that matters to me. I'm exhausted...

Great Penn State win!

Also, my Phillies are only 1 game out of first!

The Orioles go the Philly for 3 games early this week and then the Pirates go to Philly to play 4 games this weekend.

Many have dismissed the Phillies as done this season…but somehow they are still alive with a good chance to win the division if they play well these final 2 weeks.

The average high at MDT is still 77 as of yesterday.

I was telling my family yesterday that mid 80’s in mid September are not that unusual. 

I gave them an example that it was like a February day when the average high is in the low 40’s but the high gets to the low 50’s. 
My point was that yesterday was not too far out of the normal range of high temperatures. 
Temps typically ranging from 5 to 10 degrees above or below normal are what produces our “average” temperatures.

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Great Penn State win!

Also, my Phillies are only 1 game out of first!

The Orioles go the Philly for 3 games early this week and then the Pirates go to Philly to play 4 games this weekend.

Many have dismissed the Phillies as done this season…but somehow they are still alive with a good chance to win the division if they play well these final 2 weeks.

Training and Tim trying to ruin your season.  So mean of them.