Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yes, could be quite the nice/cool late Sept for PA.  I saw the West is getting real signs of winter.   We have had an average September so far.  

as September is going to be cold, I don't know if I asked you the question, could you give me a site that gathers the temperature records

4 hours ago, paweather said:

Have a great time see you on Gameday!

Well I won't make the set of Gameday because they are doing it in front of Old Main and I'll be tailgating all day over in the lots by the stadium, but exciting nonetheless that they are making an appearance for the fifth straight year.

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I finished with 1.2" here.

Have an amazing time! Just a few more weeks until I'm at my first game for this season. 

Man, you're always taking it to me with your totals.  Have fun up at the game!  I had to sell a number of my games this year, you know, the baby and all make trips a little tougher to swing these days.  Got to pick and choose my battles ha.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

You can access a lot of it using the parameters of your choice at https://xmacis.rcc-acis.org for whatever NWS forecast office and location you choose.

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

You can access a lot of it using the parameters of your choice at https://xmacis.rcc-acis.org for whatever NWS forecast office and location you choose.

Thanks you !

4 minutes ago, MrFreeze6298 said:

You have for all states please @TimB84

Depends on what you’re looking for honestly. I can manipulate it pretty well to figure out, say, what are the highest and lowest September temperatures ever recorded at one particular location, but I’ve never used any of the multi-station tools or anything. I’m no expert, just a guy who likes stats.

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Depends on what you’re looking for honestly. I can manipulate it pretty well to figure out, say, what are the highest and lowest September temperatures ever recorded at one particular location, but I’ve never used any of the multi-station tools or anything. I’m no expert, just a guy who likes stats.

9 minutes ago, MrFreeze6298 said:

You have for all states please @TimB84

I look up a lot of stuff under Multi-Station then pick the state under station selection.  You can also do the bounding area with Lat and Long numbers. 

image.png.836babaeb452d029a7fd59d675af39dc.pngimage.png.dedc5fed9b01ee6692a6af893db3d934.png

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I look up a lot of stuff under Multi-Station then pick the state under station selection.  You can also doing the bounding area with Lat and Long numbers. 

image.png.836babaeb452d029a7fd59d675af39dc.pngimage.png.dedc5fed9b01ee6692a6af893db3d934.png

Holy crap, this opens up a whole new world for me. I’m going to spend way too much time in there.

• Like 2

Copied from CTP and Facebook...

The NWS of State College just issued the following Public Information Statement in regards the the storm that moved through the Hometown/Tamaqua Area on September 13, 2021. 

The National Weather Service in collaboration with Schuylkill County Emergency Management confirmed a downburst wind event occurred near Hometown from 8:28 PM EDT through 8:30 PM EDT on Monday, September 13, 2021.

Estimated Peak Wind: 75 mph
Path Length /statute/: 3.1 miles
Path Width /maximum/: 100 yards
Fatalities: 0
Injuries: 0

Start Date: September 13, 2021
Start Time: 8:28 PM EDT
Start Location: 2.5 miles northwest of Hometown
Start Lat/Lon: 40.8399/-76.0237

End Date: September 13, 2021
End Time: 8:30 PM EDT
End Location: 0.5 mile east of Hometown
End Lat/Lon: 40.8236/-75.9686

A corridor of downburst wind damage was found near and northwest of Hometown in Schuylkill County. This damage began along Fairview Street about 2.5 miles northwest of Hometown, consisting of several trees being blown down along with a corn field being flattened. This occurred as thunderstorm outflow winds rushed downward toward the ground and subsequently spread out upon impact with the ground. A nearby Road Weather Information System (RWIS) observation near Delano along Interstate 81 reported a 68 mph wind gust, further suggesting maximum wind speeds of near 75 mph where the downburst occurred. Numerous trees were also downed in and around Hometown, including many falling onto utility lines. Damage continued east of the State Route 309 and 54 intersection, before becoming much less significant farther southeast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Copied from CTP and Facebook...

The NWS of State College just issued the following Public Information Statement in regards the the storm that moved through the Hometown/Tamaqua Area on September 13, 2021. 

The National Weather Service in collaboration with Schuylkill County Emergency Management confirmed a downburst wind event occurred near Hometown from 8:28 PM EDT through 8:30 PM EDT on Monday, September 13, 2021.

Estimated Peak Wind: 75 mph
Path Length /statute/: 3.1 miles
Path Width /maximum/: 100 yards
Fatalities: 0
Injuries: 0

Start Date: September 13, 2021
Start Time: 8:28 PM EDT
Start Location: 2.5 miles northwest of Hometown
Start Lat/Lon: 40.8399/-76.0237

End Date: September 13, 2021
End Time: 8:30 PM EDT
End Location: 0.5 mile east of Hometown
End Lat/Lon: 40.8236/-75.9686

A corridor of downburst wind damage was found near and northwest of Hometown in Schuylkill County. This damage began along Fairview Street about 2.5 miles northwest of Hometown, consisting of several trees being blown down along with a corn field being flattened. This occurred as thunderstorm outflow winds rushed downward toward the ground and subsequently spread out upon impact with the ground. A nearby Road Weather Information System (RWIS) observation near Delano along Interstate 81 reported a 68 mph wind gust, further suggesting maximum wind speeds of near 75 mph where the downburst occurred. Numerous trees were also downed in and around Hometown, including many falling onto utility lines. Damage continued east of the State Route 309 and 54 intersection, before becoming much less significant farther southeast.

Called it! Those legit are terrifying events. 

• Like 1