Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

5 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

We’re talking about a low center that retrogrades from Scranton to Traverse City, MI in 36 hours.

Yea, I noticed that first before I went into details of how it started.  Verbatim that would pump cold that is within a few degrees of records down over us (at least for MDT).  A couple days of -15 to -20 departures would knock the snot out of any remaining positive. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, I noticed that first before I went into details of how it started.  Verbatim that would pump cold that is within a few degrees of records down over us (at least for MDT) 

Gives you an idea of how ridiculous the pattern would have to be to squeeze out a T in September. It’s really not plausible (but again, it’s happened once in Pittsburgh).

As for records, verbatim that gives us a high of about 43 at PIT on 9/29. We have 5 September days in our records with highs in the 40s, none since 1950, and none with a high below 46. MDT has done it once: a high of 48 on 9/28/1984.

Just now, TimB84 said:

Gives you an idea of how ridiculous the pattern would have to be to squeeze out a T in September. It’s really not plausible (but again, it’s happened once in Pittsburgh).

As for records, verbatim that gives us a high of about 43 at PIT on 9/29. We have 5 September days in our records with highs in the 40s, none since 1950, and none with a high below 46. MDT has done it once: a high of 48 on 9/28/1984.

The lows on there could conceivably give most LSV stations not named MDT a run for the record of 35.  MDT would be lucky to break 50 though.   I was surprised to see that MDT has hit freezing 3 times in Sept.  Two days in 1963 and once in 1947. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The lows on there could conceivably give most LSV stations not named MDT a run for the record of 35.  MDT would be lucky to break 50 though.   I was surprised to see that MDT has hit freezing 3 times in Sept.  Two days in 1963 and once in 1947. 

That’s more than we have at PIT (31 on 9/19/1959).