Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Our Sugar Maple is changing here.  Seems a tad early.   A humid 64 this AM. 

I was out towards Buttermilk Falls in Indiana county last week and it seems like an early foliage season, which seems odd to me considering the earlier foliage is usually attributed to dryer and hotter summer with cooler night/morning conditions late summer/early fall, which doesn't seem to have been as prevalent as last year, and this season seems to be earlier than last. 

12 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I was out towards Buttermilk Falls in Indiana county last week and it seems like an early foliage season, which seems odd to me considering the earlier foliage is usually attributed to dryer and hotter summer with cooler night/morning conditions late summer/early fall, which doesn't seem to have been as prevalent as last year, and this season seems to be earlier than last. 

Jeez, did you just get out of jail? Where ya been Kemosabbie?

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

Jeez, did you just get out of jail? Where ya been Kemosabbie?

My appearances here during the summer/early fall are limited to disaster or when I'm curious. I was looking to see if any winter outlooks were up and that brought me here and now y'all know I'm a leaf peeper. Who woulda thought, the forum asshole likes watching the leaves die? 

But not jail. At least not yet. Preliminary hearing is set for October 10. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Atomixwx said:

My appearances here during the summer/early fall are limited to disaster or when I'm curious. I was looking to see if any winter outlooks were up and that brought me here and now y'all know I'm a leaf peeper. Who woulda thought, the forum asshole likes watching the leaves die? 

But not jail. At least not yet. Preliminary hearing is set for October 10. 

Isn't the PA justice system just a delight.  You get taken before a DJ if you got caught pissing in the woods or murdered 10 people.  The urinator is treated the same as the murder.  And those DJ's are a real peach sometimes.

I noticed this particular Maple tree showing some color two weeks ago so it was crazy early.  I initially thought  the specific branch was dying or something different than fall. .  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

.37" from a solid little storm last eve.  Getting ready to head to Happy Valley tomorrow for the whiteout.  My excitement and anticipation are starting to reach dangerous levels.

I finished with 1.2" here.

Have an amazing time! Just a few more weeks until I'm at my first game for this season. 

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Our Sugar Maple is changing here.  Seems a tad early.   A humid 64 this AM. 

Actually the maples are typically the first to turn, and I often see that in my hood in mid Sept.  This is was on par for that.  

Cabin had maples turning burnt red color over labor day.  Headed up tomorrow, and hoping to see a little more color.

5 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Actually the maples are typically the first to turn, and I often see that in my hood in mid Sept.  This is was on par for that.  

Cabin had maples turning burnt red color over labor day.  Headed up tomorrow, and hoping to see a little more color.

It surprised me but maybe my dates are off a bit.  This was early Sept when it started here.  

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

It surprised me but maybe my dates are off a bit.  This was early Sept when it started here.  

it sneaks up on me/us every year, but my town has quite a few maples and first week of Sept, I usually see first signs of change.  This year i remember looking at my phone for the date when sitting at a traffic light.  9/7