Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My $64 question is how you learned enough Fortan computer programming language to take over all of our models and heat miser half of Sept?  Driving water to Pillow my a$$!  You are a hacker, heat miser. 

18z GFS says we take our fall back well before the month is up.

42 minutes ago, canderson said:

Looks like you’ll get a portion of it. 

I got A LOT of it. Wind anyway. First big gust knocked out the power so I don't know how high my winds are/were. Garbage cans, hanging plants, and what not went flying as well. Didn't see any cows, but then again, it's pitch black...

• Like 1

From my Facebook post... 

Just took a short ride around Tamaqua. Big tree down in the 400 block of Pine Street (cleared enough for traffic to get through) now though. South ward is an absolute mess. Power pole and wires down by the football stadium. Tree on a car on Penn Street. East end, some big branches down in spots. Basically the town is a mess. I'm not sure what blew through here, but it sure was intense. First big gust killed the power instantly.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, canderson said:

Sounds like a microburst. 

Sad part I'd I'll never know what my high wind gust was. The weather station console does not have a battery backup. If I were to guess by the damage, 60 to 70 mph.

It was strong enough to blow a motorcycle hauler trailer out of the dealership parking lot and into the street.

10 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

High today was 86, it's 77 at 8:25pm. About the same as last night, though even more humid. 

I was at 82 at 7:45pm. it was very muggy. 

Looking ahead a little, Saturday through next week looks spectacular. I see some PTO days in my near future :drunk:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

I was at 82 at 7:45pm. it was very muggy. 

Looking ahead a little, Saturday through next week looks spectacular. I see some PTO days in my near future :drunk:

Ended up getting down to 65 overnight which surprised me - I was thinking I'd post another 70 degree low. Must have gotten some cooling from the storms that passed by to my NE. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

This morning's GFS is most excellent. A negative Sept back on the possibility board.   Temp's at MDT stay 70 or lower 24/7 after next Tuesday.  Very similar for Pitt. 

The cool down hasn’t reached PA by the end of the EC or CMC runs, which I’d like to see before I say September can be salvaged.

59 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea. its definitely a one man band right now. 

But....post 9/22, I really like the tune that its playin......

It's been showing up so hopefully it has some legs, or even a compromise, would be acceptable.  Biggest takeaway on GFS is that 9/22 on, the BIG red blob in the central basin is no longer there.  Thats the signal I'm focusing on.  Without it, westerlies are just 60's and 70's for daytime highs...

8 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

But....post 9/22, I really like the tune that its playin......

It's been showing up so hopefully it has some legs, or even a compromise, would be acceptable.  Biggest takeaway on GFS is that 9/22 on, the BIG red blob in the central basin is no longer there.  Thats the signal I'm focusing on.  Without it, westerlies are just 60's and 70's for daytime highs...

Yep, its not something that is definitely coming but at least there is hope for a solution that could limit this heat down to just a few more days since Thur and Friday seem less hot as well.  Wed and then a few days into next week. 

On 9/5/2021 at 12:36 PM, TimB84 said:

Imagine if someone had told me 48 hours ago that this map would exist today:

9649E0A7-558E-4D72-9B46-290FBCAC2249.jpeg.9f437bf6b785b01d6ee781e7490b4608.jpeg

It’s hard when the quoted map here was the GFS’s map for today, just 9 days out. I think there was also one where my afternoon temp was 47 sometime this upcoming weekend, but we’ll give that one a pass because it was a lot longer range.