Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

38 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Agreed.  I'd take the - departures for Sept/Oct and just see how things evolve.  W/ ENSO looking neutralish in da means, it may just pave the way for a nice ride into winter.  I like frontloaded winters anyway, so I'll root it on and see where things end up.  

Yep...let's get it cranking while we maximize the low sun angle. 

It's pack retention...

34 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yep...let's get it cranking while we maximize the low sun angle. 

It's pack retention...

I was gonna bring that up, but figured most in here know that by now....and didnt want to start a MA forum like debate....:P

Pack retention...absolutely.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Some 30's mixed in there.  Pillow might be close.

image.png.e5acb026321dbf1772efe7337e405eba.png

I was up north this past weekend and met some folks at one of the establishments, and during barside banter when i asked where they are from, they said them went thru a town called "Pillow" to get there.   

I internally chuckled...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

I was up north this past weekend and met some folks at one of the establishments, and during barside banter when i asked where they are from, they said them went thru a town called "Pillow" to get there.   

I internally chuckled...

Were ya at The Log Cabin Inn?  Or perhaps the Wonder Bar in Galeton?

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Agreed.  I'd take the - departures for Sept/Oct and just see how things evolve.  W/ ENSO looking neutralish in da means, it may just pave the way for a nice ride into winter.  I like frontloaded winters anyway, so I'll root it on and see where things end up.  

I'll take December 5th, for $10 please

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Were ya at The Log Cabin Inn?  Or perhaps the Wonder Bar in Galeton?

Log cabin was not open (when we went by-but still "open"). Wonderbar is for sale.....Burnin barrel still great food, but SLOOOWWWW service.  Coach stop inn was where we ended up.  Worst meal I've had there in some time....like i'm scared to go back.

They all are struggling to get/keep help. I consider it First World probs....so, we order an extra beer and roll w/ it.  

Hope this free money-pay for vote stuff ends soon.  We've had multiple positions open....and in last 2 weeks here at work, we've started to see a surge, but they are concerned at hiring because they know many have been riding the free train as long as they can, and our "post covid" work environ is lean and mean. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

yeah next week looks warmish.  I dare say parsing over GFS, that the relentless warmth in the midwest makes me a bit "on edge" both literally and figuratively.  

MDT is making a run for 40's tomorrow night.  First thing first :-). Doubt they make it but think many here do. 

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT is making a run for 40's tomorrow night.  First thing first :-). Doubt they make it but think many here do. 

Absolutely.  As I stated previously, I'm down w/ what Sept. has thrown at us so far, but I just see potential for big swings in temps dependent on where that big red blob may move as seasons start to change.  It's been a rather stable feature, and hopefully some early autumnal frontal boundaries suppress it and any WAR is minimal so that we dont have a train of warm n muggies headed our way like we've seen a couple times this year.  

6 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Absolutely.  As I stated previously, I'm down w/ what Sept. has thrown at us so far, but I just see potential for big swings in temps dependent on where that big red blob may move as seasons start to change.  It's been a rather stable feature, and hopefully some early autumnal frontal boundaries suppress it and any WAR is minimal so that we dont have a train of warm n muggies headed our way like we've seen a couple times this year.  

Let's do it and get a COLD October.

16 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

GFS holding strong with sending some lower temps and DP's our way after Wed.  Going to be an interesting run as to where Sept lies with departures as I figure we are in the -3 or -4 area going into next week and then that will be punched by 3 days with +5-10 Departures. 

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS holding strong with sending some lower temps and DP's our way after Wed.  Going to be an interesting run as to where Sept lies with departures as I figure we are in the -3 or -4 area going into next week and then that will be punched by 3 days with +5-10 Departures. 

I just saw the GFS warms back up again going into the following week.   Not looking great for a negative September today.  But just a few days ago I calculated out that we would be around -6 on Sept 20th so its back and forth. 

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I just saw the GFS warms back up again going into the following week.   Not looking great for a negative September today.  But just a few days ago I calculated out that we would be around -6 on Sept 20th so its back and forth. 

Beyond frustrating. Why can’t we ever get fall weather in fall anymore?

• Like 1