Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

20 minutes ago, canderson said:

That thunder is loud. 

17 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Best lightning of the year for me.  Round 2 inbound 

6 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Very impressive thunder & lightning in Marysville. Heavy rain is now underway.

This is what kills me. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you guys are getting storms. My problem is that I never, EVER, get bragging rights up here. 

Everything splits and goes around, or just outright fizzles. We've not even had one good light show let alone any close in CTG strikes this year, or the past few for that matter.

4 minutes ago, Voyager said:

This is what kills me. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you guys are getting storms. My problem is that I never, EVER, get bragging rights up here. 

Everything splits and goes around, or just outright fizzles. We've not even had one good light show let alone any close in CTG strikes this year, or the past few for that matter.

I think that you have a good chance to get the goods from this line that is back in Dauphin & Northumberland county now.

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Nothing will help the Eagles this year...

Lol, they have more talent than what many people realize. Both sides of their line have veteran talent and should play well if they can stay relatively healthy. They have young talent at WR and RB, plus the TE depth might be the best in the league. Their secondary should be much improved. We will find out about Hurts at QB & see what the new coach brings to the table. They could be a playoff team if all goes well!

51 minutes ago, canderson said:

So far the lightning doesn’t meet that storm we had in July (that was the best light show I’ve ever seen here) but it’s mighty impressive. 

Thank you — couldn’t remember if that was in July or early August, but I was reminded of that one too. As of 10:10 pm this one is giving that July light show a run for its money. Also hearing some pretty loud thunder now and it just started raining. Kinda hope we stay on the edge of this one; no power outages yet this year but every time we get storms with significant wind it feels like we’re tempting fate.

58 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Below normal in September & October does us no good. Might as well save the below normal chances for November to March.

To a certain extent, I agree, except never-ending summer temps in September and October make me angry and irritable, and getting below normal temps in September and October doesn’t make it any less likely that we’ll get them in winter. Just like flipping a coin and it landing heads doesn’t make it any more or less likely that the next flip lands heads.

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

To a certain extent, I agree, except never-ending summer temps in September and October make me angry and irritable, and getting below normal temps in September and October doesn’t make it any less likely that we’ll get them in winter. Just like flipping a coin and it landing heads doesn’t make it any more or less likely that the next flip lands heads.

Of course it’s a little more complicated than that. It’s more like rolling a die in today’s climate, where rolling a 1 means below normal temps and rolling a 2-6 means above normal. Rolling a 1 for October doesn’t make rolling a 1 for November any less likely. That said, I would venture to guess that each roll is at least slightly dependent on the one before it, but I would guess that a below normal October would make a below normal November MORE likely rather than less.

11 hours ago, TimB84 said:

Agreed.  I'd take the - departures for Sept/Oct and just see how things evolve.  W/ ENSO looking neutralish in da means, it may just pave the way for a nice ride into winter.  I like frontloaded winters anyway, so I'll root it on and see where things end up.