Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

There has been a remarkable difference this summer - 45 days above 90 here, several days in August that were above 95. I recalibrated my station after it needed new parts...I have to believe it's accurate as I've been spot on with the Wunderground stations around me. 

Other odd thing is that I'm SW of Harrisburg, and on most of the hot days the wind direction has been S or SW...coming from the opposite direction of Harrisburg from my location. (mostly blowing straight from the total boondocks of daxx-land in East Prospect) 

I am not at all questioning your station as you say others are reporting the same.  But something is driving it. If you get to 90 you could have close to a double digit temp difference from others in the south part of your county. 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am not at all questioning your station as you say others are reporting the same.  But something is driving it. If you get to 90 you could have close to a double digit temp difference from others in the south part of your county. 

Ha, I didn't take it that you were questioning me - to be honest, I'VE been questioning the readings that I've been posting. It's nice to see that areas around me are representative of my station...but man, there have been times this summer where I've been like "well, this post is going to raise some eyebrows" 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Ha, I didn't take it that you were questioning me - to be honest, I'VE been questioning the readings that I've been posting. It's nice to see that areas around me are representative of my station...but man, there have been times this summer where I've been like "well, this post is going to raise some eyebrows" 

Your coldinista rankings have probably taken a hit.  Ha.  

26 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

There has been a remarkable difference this summer - 45 days above 90 here, several days in August that were above 95. I recalibrated my station after it needed new parts...I have to believe it's accurate as I've been spot on with the Wunderground stations around me. 

Other odd thing is that I'm SW of Harrisburg, and on most of the hot days the wind direction has been S or SW...coming from the opposite direction of Harrisburg from my location. (mostly blowing straight from the total boondocks of daxx-land in East Prospect) 

Do you mean SE of Harrisburg?

Just now, TimB84 said:

My understanding is there are 3 categories: above normal, normal, and below normal. So it’s probably 60/30/10 or something.

Yea, that map is a bit confusing as I see the small strip of normal temps and then they are suggesting that a large area is above normal  however it is percentage based probability that their call is right.  So people see the reds and think the darker the red, the more above normal but a day at MDT where it is 82 and 62 would constitute a red and be in the 60% while a day of 75 and 54 would not necessarily be blue vs. falling into the 40 (or 30) percent of having been forecasted to be red.    Its basically a map that says the GFS is below normal and the Euro and CMC are above so we slightly better chance of above. 

50 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

My understanding is there are 3 categories: above normal, normal, and below normal. So it’s probably 60/30/10 or something.

PS, if you compared the 0Z EC with the 12Z, the trend is for cooler and much cooler a bit north of us (compared to 0Z and especially compared to 12Z yesterday.)  One day I think the 18Z Temp at Pitt is down 5-6 degrees. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

image.thumb.png.7a87dce2dc79e2c4af0922677d186f35.png

I can see the Tamaqua Split setting up already. First line misses to the north and gets Hazleton to Scranton and the rest of NEPA, and the second line that gets the LSV slides east and gets Reading, Lancaster, and Allentown...and then on to Philly.

15 minutes ago, canderson said:

If you move a few miles north to McAdoo (weird name alert) in the next 5 minutes you’ll see a storm!

I know. I've been watching the radar. It bypassed us to the north, now it's going to slam Lansford to our east. It got dark and a little breezy, but that's it so far...