Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

42 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

image.thumb.png.c34e1ce71f87b3f7ce211268bb9dd5af.png

Looks like the GFS is back to letting the good guys win (sort of). There are still hot days, but that’s not bad in a progressive pattern. The magnitude of the heat it shows over the Midwest is nothing to sneeze at (103 in Madison, 105 in Des Moines and 108 in Omaha would all shatter all-time September records), but it never makes it here in record form. We’ve seen this pattern from the GFS time and time again this summer, and it’s always been overdone, both here and in the areas of the Midwest where it’s shown ridiculous heat.

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Looks like the GFS is back to letting the good guys win (sort of). There are still hot days, but that’s not bad in a progressive pattern. The magnitude of the heat it shows over the Midwest is nothing to sneeze at (103 in Madison, 105 in Des Moines and 108 in Omaha would all shatter all-time September records), but it never makes it here in record form. We’ve seen this pattern from the GFS time and time again this summer, and it’s always been overdone, both here and in the areas of the Midwest where it’s shown ridiculous heat.

Got a little concerning when the Euro folded up to the GFS yesterday but still a chance this is jsut a few warm days mixed in with a lot of normal and below normal.   Short term,  the Nam's take a lot of my rain this weekend and give it to you.   HRRR is still a wet LSV. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Got a little concerning when the Euro folded up to the GFS yesterday but still a chance this is jsut a few warm days mixed in with a lot of normal and below normal.   Short term,  the Nam's take a lot of my rain this weekend and give it to you.   HRRR is still a wet LSV. 

Euro is still there, but of course we don’t know what happens after 240 and that’s when the good stuff comes back on the GFS.

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

As for the rain, the NWS has upped that to a near certainty in these parts. Not sure I’m buying the inch and a half the NAM wants to sell me, but a half inch seems like a possibility.

Just now, TimB84 said:

As for the rain, the NWS has upped that to a near certainty in these parts. Not sure I’m buying the inch and a half the NAM wants to sell me, but a half inch seems like a possibility.

The CMC and Nam's really give you guys a good soaking.  GFS and HRRR keep over here a bit wetter still.  

If my truck stays parked (which it almost always does on the weekend) it stays clean, so yesterday I was done early and decided to wash the trailer and then planned on going in this morning on my off day and wash the tractor. Now I'm told it will be used this weekend. With the rain chance tomorrow, it'll likely get all trashed with road grime making the two hours (and much shoulder pain) I spent yesterday a colossal waste of time.

Beyond pissed off right now...

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

My Badgers were overrated, yet again. Time to enjoy some more pumpkin beer and drown my sorrows after that debacle and reading @canderson’s post.

I was at Giant today and saw Pumpking there but then saw it was only 8.6 and they wanted $16 for the 6 pack.  Whaaa.  I went with the Troeg's current once a year brew. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was at Giant today and saw Pumpking there but then saw it was only 8.6 and they wanted $16 for the 6 pack.  Whaaa.  I went with the Troeg's current once a year brew. 

Yeah, it’s pricey. Still one of the best pumpkin beers on the market, but you can’t go wrong with anything Troegs puts out. Tends to be pretty reasonably priced too.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sure seemed like a lot of negative PSU stuff on here the last few days. 

If that was towards me, you're right - I didn't have much faith in a team that started 0-5 last year winning on the road at Camp Randall in the first game of the season. I'm stunned. 

Actually, I went back and read what I wrote prior to today - all I said was I had little faith in today's game. Should have I knowing what the situation was? 

20 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If that was towards me, you're right - I didn't have much faith in a team that started 0-5 last year winning on the road at Camp Randall in the first game of the season. I'm stunned. 

Actually, I went back and read what I wrote prior to today - all I said was I had little faith in today's game. Should have I knowing what the situation was? 

I forgot who said what.  I think Paweather was probably the one I was thinking about now that I try to remember.  But it was not directed at you or anyone I just remember several posts about PSU not winning today.  Ha. 

PS-You are one of the top posters here, I would not direct something at you :-).