• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

53 was my low last night - sort of interesting...I had to take my son to BWI for a VERY early flight this morning. Left home at 2am (you read that right) and it was 53.1. I was sure I'd make it down to the upper 40s. Got home at 5am only to find it was 55.3. Sky was clear with zero wind. Checked this morning and the 53.1 at 2am was the lowest it got. 

17 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I'm still wearing shorts and T-shirts @Itstrainingtimeis as bad as me or worse actually. I don't think he's worn a jacket since 4th grade. 

To be completely transparent...

I actually wore a jacket a couple of years ago. Good friend got married and he insisted I wear a sport coat for the wedding. :) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

Ha, phrasing issue. I played HS football in Texas - I wasn’t nearly good enough to play in college lol. 

But we had Texas season tickets too and there are scorchers in September and sometimes October  

The mid day football at UF/Gainesville constantly featured dozens of people being wheeled out with heat exhaustion. 

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I think there’s enough model disagreement to still have that hope.

And frankly its not that bad IMO.  I think we are living a dream to hope for no hot days in September.  The lowest daily Maximum at MDT, in September, is 88 on Sept 28th, 2019.  What this would do is put the month up for grabs as to it being a negative or positive departure.     Will be well into the negative after the first two weeks. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

And frankly its not that bad IMO.  I think we are living a dream to hope for no hot days in September.  The lowest daily Maximum at MDT, in September, is 88 on Sept 28th, 2019.  What this would do is put the month up for grabs as to it being a negative or positive departure.     Will be well into the negative after the first two weeks. 

This is one of those rare months where PIT’s records are above MDT’s. Only day that hasn’t hit 90 is the 29th, and it’s hit 89 multiple times. Only 3 of the daily records have occurred in the past 65 years (2 in 2017 and one in 2018 during that period in 2018 that I believe PIT was reading erroneously high) and 17 of them occurred in the 19th century. 

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

I've been frequenting Lowes in Rouzerville lately. Only place around the area to get electrical supplies for my job in  Cascade.  I live on the m/d line in Carroll county but most of my work is actually in Baltimore county and Baltimore city with Frederick county/ Howard/ Harford/ Washington sprinkled in. It is a great area up here . A bit too far to commute though to Baltimore. 

Yea, living here means you either WFH, Contract, or have a job in Gettysburg, Chambersburg, Hagerstown or Frederick.  Baltimore is a definite no.    I love that Lowes.... it is rarely busy and that Wal-Mart is one of the rare ones I will go in to. Being accustomed to Florida Wal-Marts, which is like going to another nation, this one is a treat. 

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

This is one of those rare months where PIT’s records are above MDT’s. Only day that hasn’t hit 90 is the 29th, and it’s hit 89 multiple times. Only 3 of the daily records have occurred in the past 65 years (2 in 2017 and one in 2018 during that period in 2018 that I believe PIT was reading erroneously high) and 17 of them occurred in the 19th century. 

MDT only has 3 days that have not hit 90...the last 3 days.  Strange that so many of yours in so long ago.  That is suspect.