Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

3 hours ago, KEITH L.I said:

This page will take us from the last days of heat. To the crisp days and nights of fall. Football season, World Series, Halloween and into the holiday season, and the first snowfall for some. Favorite time of year

Great post!

This new thread makes me very happy!

First snow could be recorded in this thread!

I'd just like to have a good old fashion fall. I dislike fall when we have overly hot days or even snow.  

absolutely fantastic sleeping weather 53 this morning

have any of you ever done this ride? i have always wanted to, maybe i will this year

https://www.pennlive.com/life/2021/09/popular-stony-valley-driving-tour-date-set-for-2021.html?utm_campaign=pennlive_sf&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR2G8zgaL65qOLaBAZtDnopKqN82PHca4sCZmh29yYXvr-8C10HEg3n6ZVg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I'd just like to have a good old fashion fall. I dislike fall when we have overly hot days or even snow.  

have any of you ever done this ride? i have always wanted to, maybe i will this year

https://www.pennlive.com/life/2021/09/popular-stony-valley-driving-tour-date-set-for-2021.html?utm_campaign=pennlive_sf&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR2G8zgaL65qOLaBAZtDnopKqN82PHca4sCZmh29yYXvr-8C10HEg3n6ZVg

Be ready for a heavy traffic and numerous people.  It's worth the experience if you've never done it; however, I will warn you that it was very busy the ONE time we went years ago.  I prefer to ride my bike up the rail trail.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

48 this morning, was too early for this. I miss waking up to 70 degrees with that dewpoint not far behind. What a wakeup call from the last few weeks that we were used to.

I honestly think I could have written this post myself. I love warm mornings and not needing a jacket. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

48 this morning, was too early for this. I miss waking up to 70 degrees with that dewpoint not far behind. What a wakeup call from the last few weeks that we were used to.

you like walking outside in the morning at 7am and feel the humidity on your skin? :wacko2:

40 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I honestly think I could have written this post myself. I love warm mornings and not needing a jacket. 

You needed a jacket this morning? 

4 minutes ago, paweather said:

Ohio State will be good again this year.

:blahblah: 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, paweather said:

Their remaining cross-division games this year are against Nebraska and Purdue, and the only team in the East that has a prayer is probably Penn State, but that game is in Columbus. Unless Oregon beats them next week (also in Columbus), they’re going 12-0.

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

We did and I honestly thought it was a waste of time. Much better views closer to homes without lines up King’s Mountain. It was like. A dirt road through the woods - to me nothing special. I don’t get the fascination. YMMV. 

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Their remaining cross-division games this year are against Nebraska and Purdue, and the only team in the East that has a prayer is probably Penn State, but that game is in Columbus. Unless Oregon beats them next week (also in Columbus), they’re going 12-0.

Agree, I don't think PSU has a chance. 

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

We did and I honestly thought it was a waste of time. Much better views closer to homes without lines up King’s Mountain. It was like. A dirt road through the woods - to me nothing special. I don’t get the fascination. YMMV. 

well i guess you save me a waste of time. i'd rather watch Penn State Beat the suckeyes anyhow :D

3 minutes ago, paweather said:

Agree, I don't think PSU has a chance. 

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

well i guess you save me a waste of time. i'd rather watch Penn State Beat the suckeyes anyhow :D

At least for you guys, Penn State doesn’t open their season against Akron or Idaho or something, so you’ll know by tomorrow evening what kind of season it’s going to be.

6 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

At least for you guys, Penn State doesn’t open their season against Akron or Idaho or something, so you’ll know by tomorrow evening what kind of season it’s going to be.

exactly. 

I have a family wedding at 1. mostly all PSU fans. I ask my cousin what the hell they were thinking letting their daughter get married in football season. at least they could have got married against Ball State for gods sakes 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

exactly. 

I have a family wedding at 1. mostly all PSU fans. I ask my cousin what the hell they were thinking letting their daughter get married in football season. at least they could have got married against Ball State for gods sakes 

So the person getting married is your second cousin? Is that distant enough to sneak the game onto your phone during the ceremony?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

exactly. 

Make sure the game is on after the wedding!

52 minutes ago, paweather said:

What's new ha.  Just a factory of talent there.  I will say, while their skill talent is very good, the defense is a bit susceptible and I don't think the quarterback is quite to the level of other guys they've had recently.  They are still heavy favorites to win the league but even the mighty OSU gets had by an unsuspecting foe most years.

25 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Eh I don't quite subscribe to that.  I think no matter who wins the game tomorrow, both PSU and Wisco can still have the seasons they envision.  Of course, fans of both programs will wildly overact to the results of a week one game, but the reality is that the examples are endless of teams laying a stinker in week one and then going on to have great seasons, or vice versa.  This being college-aged guys and there being no warm-up games only adds to the unknowns.  Teams can look quite different from week one to week two.  Again, the only guarantee is overreaction on both sides ha.

17 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

exactly. 

We have a wedding tomorrow as well (my wife's brother) but at least it's not until 6pm.  I should be able to get through the game just fine, outside of the normal hand-wringing from my wife about "getting ready".

Black shoes.  Basic blues.  No names.  All game.

We Are!!!

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

What's new ha.  Just a factory of talent there.  I will say, while their skill talent is very good, the defense is a bit susceptible and I don't think the quarterback is quite to the level of other guys they've had recently.  They are still heavy favorites to win the league but even the mighty OSU gets had by an unsuspecting foe most years.

Eh I don't quite subscribe to that.  I think no matter who wins the game tomorrow, both PSU and Wisco can still have the seasons they envision.  Of course, fans of both programs will wildly overact to the results of a week one game, but the reality is that the examples are endless of teams laying a stinker in week one and then going on to have great seasons, or vice versa.  This being college-aged guys and there being no warm-up games only adds to the unknowns.  Teams can look quite different from week one to week two.  Again, the only guarantee is overreaction on both sides ha.

We have a wedding tomorrow as well (my wife's brother) but at least it's not until 6pm.  I should be able to get through the game just fine, outside of the normal hand-wringing from my wife about "getting ready".

We Are!!!

WE ARE! Let's do it tomorrow.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

So the person getting married is your second cousin? Is that distant enough to sneak the game onto your phone during the ceremony?

yes and most assuredly people will have ear phones in

44 minutes ago, paweather said:

Make sure the game is on after the wedding!

to be fair, they did plan for this a little. There is a 3 hour break between the wedding and reception. While the wedding party get pictures, we are all going to my cousins house for pre-reception cocktails and football. I know its a big shocker to y'all i come form a beer drinking family.

17 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

We Are!!!

PENN STATE

• Like 2