• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York- Meteorological Fall

17 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Obviously not the first time I've seen the moon in the daylight but usually not this early, that I can remember lol

PXL_20211028_163601563.jpg

Definately Climate Change related. Extreme Moon?  Sorry, bored and trolling from Berlin Airport.  Oh look, they've changed my departure gate to Amsterdam without telling anyone. FFS, I could've been sitting here trolling and missed flight.

Gorgeous wx here last 2 days, not a cloud and 55-60. Almost a tad Sizzly walking around 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

First wording of "snow" in the forecast..

Obviously would be early morning with a forecast low of 35°, maybe a mangled flake lol Either way a long shot at this point..

Thursday
A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Same.

Tuesday Night
A chance of rain showers, mixing with snow after 1am, then gradually ending. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

• Like 1

Well friends, we've made it to the point in the season where a legit snowstorm in the long range is no longer over amplified nonsense.  In the 2019/2020 winter we had the biggest storm of the entire season (depressing in hindsight) on 11//11/19.  Anything can happen from this point on.  Still waiting on my first frost here in the ROC, but this is pretty typical for my backyard at least.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Looks like a nice soaking down there..

WUNIDS_map - 2021-10-29T180718.064.gif

Screenshot_20211029-180701.png

It’s been a deluge for the better part of 2 hours…in fact from almost the moment it began to rain it was moderate to heavy. The 6pm update @ KBUF said .67” but it has to be over an inch especially with the amount of ponding and standing water on the roadways, even the mains WITHOUT leaves snd fall debris. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

It’s been a deluge for the better part of 2 hours…in fact from almost the moment it began to rain it was moderate to heavy. The 6pm update @ KBUF said .67” but it has to be over an inch especially with the amount of ponding and standing water on the roadways, even the mains WITHOUT leaves snd fall debris. 

1.34” here in a few hours time. Yards everywhere flooded. I mean yards had standing water before this event with how much rain we’ve had lately. 

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

1.34” here in a few hours time. Yards everywhere flooded. I mean yards had standing water before this event with how much rain we’ve had lately. 

I saw on the weather channel about 45 minutes ago that NYC has measured 10” rain July, August, September and 4.3 so far in October…almost 35” since July 1st!!! Our annual rainfall in Buffalo is I believe 38” for the year!!! It has definitely been wet in the North East

1 hour ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I saw on the weather channel about 45 minutes ago that NYC has measured 10” rain July, August, September and 4.3 so far in October…almost 35” since July 1st!!! Our annual rainfall in Buffalo is I believe 38” for the year!!! It has definitely been wet in the North East

Yeah I’m just under 9” in October. Incredibly wet month around here. 

• Like 2

On 10/28/2021 at 1:53 PM, DeltaT13 said:

An interesting data point for sure.  Yesterday was wall to wall sun all day so this would continue to support some sort of solar induced urban heat island at that location. 

But then we see nights like tonight that make me question UHI.  Its been cloudy all day, raining most of afternoon and evening should be a pretty consistent temp base.  And yes there is, with the PWS, not with KBUF.  The 15 closest stations were all reporting between 45.5 - 46.2 (0.7 degree variance).  That is pretty impressive to have that many stations reporting that close in temp.  KBUF is much warmer in comparison sitting almost 2 full degrees warmer at 48.0.  Glancing at the PWS hourly temps they all have been hovering between 45.5 and 46.5 since 6pm.  KBUF has been hovering at 48 since 6pm.  Somethings just not right...

1029 temps 903pm.png

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Rochester reporting heavy rain, little more than 3/4" as of last update (9:54pm)..

WUNIDS_map - 2021-10-29T220833.911.gif

Crazy again!  These training rain bands this fall have been impressive.  Flood warnings will be dropping soon.  One can only hope we will have this same mega abundance of moisture when we have some colder temperatures!  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Big rain totals for Monroe County. Just a deluge. I’ve had to dump out my wheelbarrow twice in the last week. Looks like I’ll be doing it again tomorrow. I’d be surprised if we’re under 2”. 

Same here. MyTempest just blew past 1" with a lot to go.

• Like 2