• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York- Meteorological Fall

So on rainy/misty/damp nights KBUF temp is... perfectly fine.  All stations reporting within half a degree of each other, now that consistency.  Wonder why other nights KBUF temp varies wildly warmer by several degrees?  This really leads me to believe the sensor is fine.  Instead there must be a localized intermittent environmental factor causing the departure.  Question would be is this factor newly created or has it always been present and just never really noticed?  side note: even in being generous KBUF is still the warmest location.      906963297_temp10261012pm.png.c161dec182df7b9984af86440f1d30ca.png

• Thanks 1

Just hanging out with two BFFs here in Berlin. Last time I saw this Statue was 1989 and it was originally located elsewhere, closer to the DDR gov't buildings and had "wir sind unschuldig" (we are innocent) spray painted at bottom. ;)

Glad I missed the rain.  Weather has been good in Berlin, around 50 for a high each day, i'd say. Just a sprinkle so far in changeable conditions.  Fall foliage nice here, much more advanced than Netherlands.

Screenshot_20211027-112549_Gallery.jpg

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Tempest says 3.54" for yesterday. Dang. Is this accurate?? 

I’ve found my tempest struggles the most with heavy rain events, usually erring on the higher side. However that number doesn’t seem obscene, just a little high. You should run a standard rain gauge in your yard to cross calibrate the two. 
Do you have “rain check” enabled?  It will try to determine the most accurate number after the storm by confirming with other nearby stations. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Syrmax said:

Just hanging out with two BFFs here in Berlin. Last time I saw this Statue was 1989 and it was originally located elsewhere, closer to the DDR gov't buildings and had "wir sind unschuldig" (we are innocent) spray painted at bottom. ;)

Glad I missed the rain.  Weather has been good in Berlin, around 50 for a high each day, i'd say. Just a sprinkle so far in changeable conditions.  Fall foliage nice here, much more advanced than Netherlands.

Screenshot_20211027-112549_Gallery.jpg

Who are they? 

1 hour ago, DeltaT13 said:

I’ve found my tempest struggles the most with heavy rain events, usually erring on the higher side. However that number doesn’t seem obscene, just a little high. You should run a standard rain gauge in your yard to cross calibrate the two. 
Do you have “rain check” enabled?  It will try to determine the most accurate number after the storm by confirming with other nearby stations. 

Yes, I have that setting enabled. I've even seen it 'correct' after a heavy rainfall, but not this time. That's the most non-Tstorm rain I've seen here in a long time.

No rest for the weary..

Unfortunately...conditions will then trend downhill again through
the rest of this period as another large closed upper low slowly
lumbers its way northeastward from the mid-Mississippi Valley to New
York State...and brings another lengthy period of wet weather to our
region.

Digging a little deeper into the forecast details...this next system
should remain distant enough to merely bring a general southwest to
northeast increase in cloud cover and a chance of showers to the
Southern Tier Thursday night. Conditions will then deteriorate more
notably Friday and Friday night as a surge of plentiful Atlantic
moisture and increasing lift on the system`s northeastern flank
arrives...with these enhanced by a 40-50 kt southeasterly low level
jet and a strongly diffluent flow aloft in the LFQ of a 100 kt
cyclonically curved upper level jet streak. This will result in a
swath of moderate rain overspreading areas from the western Finger
Lakes westward during the course of Friday...before pivoting
northward across Lake Ontario and the North Country Friday night.
The rain will then become lighter on Saturday as the aforementioned
supporting jet structures weaken and slide off to our east...though
precip probabilities should remain fairly high (likely PoPs) into at
least Saturday evening. At this juncture...basin average rainfall
totals for the Friday-Saturday period look to be on the order of
another half inch to an inch...with amounts in excess of an inch
appearing possible across far southwestern New York

p120i (21).gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

So on rainy/misty/damp nights KBUF temp is... perfectly fine.  All stations reporting within half a degree of each other, now that consistency.  Wonder why other nights KBUF temp varies wildly warmer by several degrees?  This really leads me to believe the sensor is fine.  Instead there must be a localized intermittent environmental factor causing the departure.  Question would be is this factor newly created or has it always been present and just never really noticed?  side note: even in being generous KBUF is still the warmest location.      906963297_temp10261012pm.png.c161dec182df7b9984af86440f1d30ca.png

So last night it was rainy at 10pm and all the stations were within a half degree of each other.  Tonight at 10pm its clear so yeah KBUF running 4-8 degrees warmer that surrounding sites, seems about right?  This is just crazy...

temps10271008pm.png

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

So last night it was rainy at 10pm and all the stations were within a half degree of each other.  Tonight at 10pm its clear so yeah KBUF running 4-8 degrees warmer that surrounding sites, seems about right?  This is just crazy...

temps10271008pm.png

Look this morning!!! It’s very noticeable…34 in Williamsville, 32 Lancaster, 33 Tonawanda…39 KBUF 

• Like 1

Mike Cejka on channel 4 in Buffalo this morning showed the euro output for next weekend…while I’m my heart I’m aware this will not come to fruition, I do believe we will see highs at the lower elevations in the upper 30’s for a few days and the higher elevations may not crack freezing a few of those days. It will definitely feel wintery at the very least next weekend, and we’ll see about the snow.