• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York- Meteorological Fall

6 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

One would think this would of been a nice winter storm down the road but we probably still find a way to rain lol

Storm looks to be in the vicinity of NYC (just west) according to the wind finder..

WPC has it doing a loop over NJ before pulling away OTS..

Screenshot_20211026-105416.png

I'd take this exact storm all winter. 1-2"' every time. Especially with lake enhancement.

We're at 1.17" since yesterday. 0.67" today.

• Weenie 1

30 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

We are going to want pictures. 

I actually have a legitimate company doing the install. Its funny the owner said hes never seen anything like it, hes shocked it stayed up for over 2 years. Parts of the fence were dug only 6" deep and 4 posts he pulled up with just his two hands. He said he used more concrete in 5 posts than the other guy did for the entire fence. One of the worst installs hes ever seen and said to never hire a guy who does it on the side for anything ever again. Trust me I've learned a hard lesson. I'm in over $13k into this. I could have bought 3 ETH instead.

The only bright spot is the cost of materials went up so much the last 2 years and we are reusing a lot of the fence. If I were to install a brand new fence it would be $12-15k depending on company. I actually won the lawsuit for $3k back from them but they dissolved the company and impossible to get the money from them. It was through an "LLC" and I wasn't able to sue them individually for some odd reason. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Up to 2.25" just today! Would've been a massive hit with snow. 

Just to reiterate your thoughts I don't think I remember a system like this where all of Upstate get 2+" of moisture. We are pretty far west for this type of track but have been getting dumped on all day here.

• Like 3

One would think that were beginning to see a pattern that will be conducive to many opportunities for snow chances over the next 6 weeks. All globals are showing a pattern change to colder weather with systems traversing the region consistently. The GFS had been showing a pretty substantial Low that winds up over the GL in 7 to 10 days…euro not as amped but we are potentially even colder. I like what I see and hopefully we see something like today in about 4 weeks when enough cold is around to make this a pretty significant event.

• Like 2