• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York- Meteorological Fall

4 hours ago, TheClimateChanger said:

I'm probably dating myself with that reference to 1998. A lot of you probably weren't even alive yet. But it was like a nonstop media obsession about the so-called Super El Nino, and how warm it was with wild weather across the globe. Even SNL was doing skits on it.

I assure you most of us are not teenagers or freshly in college. lol

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

I still wonder if this is a mixing thing.  Perhaps personnel are arriving on site around that time and zooming around in vehicles and such.  Or maybe an early FedEx plane lands and stirs things up a bit.  

A few smudge pots around an orchard is enough to modify the temp over a fairly large area, seems like its possible that the air around the airport might be susceptible to mechanical mixing factors.  It certainly wasnt too sunny yesterday so UHI effects shouldn't have been too strong.

Yes I like that idea.. it's something "out of the box".  Maybe there is construction going on in that area overnight and they have spot lights going or something?  This morning was just so weird.  Temp shot way up at 4am then hovered 3-4 degrees above control average for about 4 hours.  Previous nights in late September saw similar but rather unexplained warm spikes mainly in the overnight and early morning hours dusk to dawn.  There were many nights were KBUF was right in line with the control group (within 1 degree of average) for the entire overnight, but still a few anomaly nights in the mix.  Day time temps are generally right on average with surrounding stations both warmer and colder.  I don't even know what to make of it anymore.  Some sort of random overnight temperature contamination around the ASOS site is all I can think of.    

OCT 7 TEMP MAP.png

SEPT 19-20 DEPARTURE.png

SEPT28-29 TEMP MAP.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TheClimateChanger said:

I'm probably dating myself with that reference to 1998. A lot of you probably weren't even alive yet. But it was like a nonstop media obsession about the so-called Super El Nino, and how warm it was with wild weather across the globe. Even SNL was doing skits on it.

You know what the media loves... is catch words like el nino.  Yeah I remember the hype.  When it was first talked about didn't they try and say it was an effect from global warming?  What else have we had... oh the "polar vortex" they beat the heck out of that one 2014-2015.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

If you want"cooler" weather go downstate lol Or interior New England..Once again eastern lakes take the brunt of it..

MaxT4_northeast (1).png

It's so ridiculous. Warmer here than D.C...... even if they have cloudcover down there, it's STILL ridiculous. I can't believe how many times it's hotter in Sizzlecuze than places hundreds of miles south.

SHORT TERM /SUNDAY THROUGH TUESDAY/...
...Near Record Temperatures During This Period...

A weak wave aloft and associated surface warm front will pass
through the area on Sunday. The better forcing will remain northwest
of the area, however there will be the chance for a shower toward
the Saint Lawrence Valley during the first half of the day. At the
same time, southeasterly onshore flow on the north side of low
pressure moving up the Eastern Seaboard off the Delmarva will throw
moisture back to the northwest across eastern PA and southcentral
NY. This will bring the chance for a light shower or two possibly as
far west as Allegany, Livingston and Ontario Counties.

Otherwise, an amplifying ridge over the region during this period
will result in fair weather for the first part of the new work week,
with the next chance for a few showers not coming into the picture
until Tuesday afternoon across western NY. Temperatures will average
WELL above normal. In fact, high temperatures Monday and Tuesday
will approach record levels.

13 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Peak fall conditions in the Adirondacks. Stunning colors!!

B2233B35-BCA3-45C9-A7FE-731D1C8BBFA4.jpeg

76399C6E-A16F-4EBD-B242-C8B5DB2FDECA.jpeg

513B5F41-8039-466D-AF25-D07809B83425.jpeg

We did that hike last summer.

It is spectacular.

While we were there two women showed up in skin tight outfits and started posing for pictures in yoga poses right on the edge of the rocks where you are sitting.

They were in all kinds of weird balanced positions, literally right at the edge of the cliff face.

They said it was for the website for their studio.  

Nobody died.

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, cny rider said:

It is spectacular.

While we were there two women showed up in skin tight outfits and started posing for pictures in yoga poses right on the edge of the rocks where you are sitting.

They were in all kinds of weird balanced positions, literally right at the edge of the cliff face.

Nobody died.

Yeah it’s a famous spot for girls Instagram posts. I was able to find a spot alone that was better then Indian head off to the side during a separate hike. 

2 hours ago, cny rider said:

It is spectacular.

Nobody died.

Did they look like this?

Mom Was Worried, I Sent Her This Picture: Image Gallery (List View) | Know  Your Meme

• Haha 2