• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York- Meteorological Fall

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

That's what a warm lake, lower elevations does to you early in a season lol It's more about GFS showing some wintry precipitation..

Oh, I know. :) Thing is...that hasn't been just a problem "early in the season" recently.... it's winter-long issues as of late with no cold air supply.

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

After next week's furnace (cringe) it will be double digits...

It's amazing.  We are getting a full bonus summer month this year (and in recent years).  The golf courses are in great shape, softball fields are mint, I'm finishing outdoor projects.  Lets keep it rolling and then flip a switch to winter.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

It's amazing.  We are getting a full bonus summer month this year (and in recent years).  The golf courses are in great shape, softball fields are mint, I'm finishing outdoor projects.  Lets keep it rolling and then flip a switch to winter.

I see your point. I'd prefer to have some low 60s and 40s right now though. After all the warmth of the summer, I like a coolness in the air. The rapid warming we are going through makes me sick.

I would love for us to flip a solid switch into consistent winter. I'm thinking this winter might have a better chance of that than the past few. The Pacific has been dominating as of late though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

I see your point. I'd prefer to have some low 60s and 40s right now though. After all the warmth of the summer, I like a coolness in the air. The rapid warming we are going through makes me sick.

I would love for us to flip a solid switch into consistent winter. I'm thinking this winter might have a better chance of that than the past few. The Pacific has been dominating as of late though.

I mean these temps are pretty nice, low/mid 70's for highs and 50's for lows, low dewpoints too.  Even TughillMat has to approve of that, right?  Just wish it didnt get dark so soon.  I leave work and only have about 45 minutes of light :( 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I mean these temps are pretty nice, low/mid 70's for highs and 50's for lows, low dewpoints too.  Even TughillMat has to approve of that, right?  Just wish it didnt get dark so soon.  I leave work and only have about 45 minutes of light :( 

This weather is PERFECT. If it’s not going to be cold enough for accumulating snow give me this all day every day. I’d love this for another 4-6 weeks then flip a switch and have a gangbusters cold air outbreak and significant lake effect event come mid November ala 2014. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

True, true. You just know me and my anti-above normal temperatures. It's inevitable though...and you're right...no use complaining about what you can't control. But seeing 80 pop up on Sizzlecuse extended for next week made me frown. lol

5 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I don't know if anybody mentioned it, but 35 INCHES of rain in 24 hours in a city in Italy?!?! Yowzers!

Extreme rainfall in Liguria, Italy breaks Europe record | AccuWeather

So now in the last 6 years, they broke the all time 24 hour snowfall record and put up an incredibly respectable 12 hour rainfall record now too.  You don't think of Italy when you think of extreme weather, but here we are.  

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I don't know if anybody mentioned it, but 35 INCHES of rain in 24 hours in a city in Italy?!?! Yowzers!

Extreme rainfall in Liguria, Italy breaks Europe record | AccuWeather

Extreme events are becoming more common. But then again in the grand scheme of things we have such limited data on what weather actually occurred on this planet the last 4.5 billion years. I'm sure this planet has seen some scary ****

I wish there was a top 10 weather events ever on planet earth since it came into existence. Any guess what they would be? ^_^

1.) Meteor 65 million years ago that wiped out the entire planet

2.) 3000 foot tsunami from a giant rockslide off a mountain

3.) Ice Age that froze every piece of water on the planet

4.) 400" of rain in a few weeks. 

:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Im heading to the KC-Bills game and dont know if I ever felt low-mid 90s in mid October before. KC forecasted high is around 92-93F on saturday. a group of us are going down Friday-tuesday 

sunday night for the game looks cloudy with temps in the low 70s 

I'm jealous make sure to cheer us on! Biggest game of the season. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I'm jealous make sure to cheer us on! Biggest game of the season. 

Im pumped. I have seasons for Bills but cant cross the land border. Just finishing my checklist today to fly in though. Negative covid test, sign a CDC form, upload the negative test, download the arrive Canada app for my way home ect.. 

I imagine though it either gets easier in the coming months or I grow accustomed to doing this. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Im pumped. I have seasons for Bills but cant cross the land border. Just finishing my checklist today to fly in though. Negative covid test, sign a CDC form, upload the negative test, download the arrive Canada app for my way home ect.. 

I imagine though it either gets easier in the coming months or I grow accustomed to doing this. 

Crazy, can't just drive to a Bills game fully vaxxed or tested negative.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Extreme events are becoming more common. But then again in the grand scheme of things we have such limited data on what weather actually occurred on this planet the last 4.5 billion years. I'm sure this planet has seen some scary ****

I wish there was a top 10 weather events ever on planet earth since it came into existence. Any guess what they would be? ^_^

My birth in 1981 leading to the demise of winter across the Northeastern United States.

• Haha 3

Very impressive warmth this year in the eastern Great Lakes region. These graphics show rankings of temperatures for the period January 1-October 6 at select locations. What I find remarkable is back in 1998, it was just wall to wall coverage of the anomalous warmth which was at the time blamed on a "Super El Nino." Does anyone else find it weird that 20 years later, we are consistently seeing annual temperatures approach and exceed this levels year after year and there's no media coverage whatsoever? It's just like it became the "new normal" or something. Very weird.

Buffalo (Tied 2nd warmest, out of 148 years of data):

image.png.a495711ce99bd568c778cab271de2192.png

Erie (3rd warmest, out of 148 years of data):

image.png.d8c7fbde9f94514f3b5e78aaab0a8a26.png

Syracuse (5th warmest, out of 119 years of data):

image.png.de1ae553af24e384afc4c8935d3384ac.png

Edit: Also impressive to see 2020 at #4, 7 and 6 respectively across the three sites. This has to be approaching the warmest 2-year period on record.

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Very impressive warmth this year in the eastern Great Lakes region. These graphics show rankings of temperatures for the period January 1-October 6 at select locations. What I find remarkable is back in 1998, it was just wall to wall coverage of the anomalous warmth which was at the time blamed on a "Super El Nino." Does anyone else find it weird that 20 years later, we are consistently seeing annual temperatures approach and exceed this levels year after year and there's no media coverage whatsoever? It's just like it became the "new normal" or something. Very weird.

Buffalo (Tied 2nd warmest, out of 148 years of data):

image.png.a495711ce99bd568c778cab271de2192.png

Erie (3rd warmest, out of 148 years of data):

image.png.d8c7fbde9f94514f3b5e78aaab0a8a26.png

Syracuse (5th warmest, out of 119 years of data):

image.png.de1ae553af24e384afc4c8935d3384ac.png

There is media coverage about it, especially with the wildfires out west and the droughts. They are more focused on the debt ceiling and covid. Global warming is the biggest issue to humans. The earth will be fine but the rate of population growth, fossil fuels and tear down of our forests I'm glad I'll be dead by the time it gets too ugly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

5) Thei struck earth giving us the moon and tides.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Good time to work on the radar as we continue this "dry spell" over the next 7-10 days...We have had "only" 0.46" through the first week of October, average is a touch over 5" for the month..

p168i (30).gif

qpf_acc.conus (12).png

And just don’t the road in Roc I have 1.74 so far this month. That storm on Sunday Monday overachieved IMB.  

• Like 1