• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York- Meteorological Fall

1 hour ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

1.37” yesterday and .68” since midnight already today with more rain about to move in. Quite a good soaking. 

Yes much more than forecast. I think our sensible weather forecasting is getting worse with each passing year. And these temps? Putrid. By the time we reach early next week the avg high is around 63-64 and lows should be mid 40’s…we’ll be 10 to 15 degrees above that…even when it “cools” down mid month it’s still 5 to 8 degrees above normal. If this is a sign of things to come it may be best just to check out early before hopes get up.

20 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Stay dry boy!  

2C28D35B-C627-47B1-9E19-EDFD07214EE4.jpeg

Ha.

We were directly diagonally from you, our seats are in 237. Unfortunately though this is our first year with seasons and were in row 4 and still get rained on. We stayed dry through the first half and then my wife threw out her poncho at halftime because it got alcohol on it....needless to say I was soaked in the second half. :underthewx:

42 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Here in N/CNY we picked 0.45" of liquid yesterday, clouds and showers keeping the highs semi cool with the lows torching lol We had a split of 62°/56° yesterday and the next two days are forecast mid 60's/Mid 50's, under mostly cloudy skies..

Similar rainfall yesterday here.  Looks like most of the heavier rain stayed south of Syracuse.  Still made for a skanky day.  We cancelled golf plans although we could have got it in during the early a.m. but still would have been soggy.  I should have worked on indoor projects but spent the day watching football and soccer.  At least the Giants won't go 0-17 now.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, vortmax said:

I seem to recall a potential correlation between October Siberian snowfall/cover and the winters here. Anyone heard of this?

ims2021272_alaska.gif

Siberian snow cover has very little effect IMO. Canadian snowcover has a higher correlation. The Pacific has the highest effect on the cold air around here and snowcover in Canada is directly coorelated to the Enso state. That is why Enso states have the highest correlation on winters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Siberian snow cover has very little effect IMO. Canadian snowcover has a higher correlation. The Pacific has the highest effect on the cold air around here and snowcover in Canada is directly coorelated to the Enso state. That is why Enso states have the highest correlation on winters.

Canadian early snow cover certainly makes logical sense to keep artic intrusions cold, but wasn't sure about the logic behind Siberian snow cover.

4 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Definitely some correlation between warm Octobers and cool Novembers

FAsDVaPVIAQIEFD.thumb.jpg.2068c2554fafdc5ef695c927feca52b6.jpg

This definitely has some legs…the other 2 forums of note are also discussing this very topic and I’m the trend is to be colder by the end of October and then Nov-Dec look colder on average. I would take that.

• Like 1

I upgraded my John Deere earlier this year after being outgunned by the 44" whopper last December. Last time I upgraded was 2015 and the winter of 2015-16 was the least snowiest on record down here with 3.3" or less every storm and a season total of 30".

So... I predict a bummer winter... atleast for down here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Syrmax said:

Fear not, i'm sure that our usual "SizzleMas" will arrive on schedule.  Even if PV is parked over top of us for months...

Didn’t the area get blitzed on Christmas Day last year? It was like 70 and windy here lol. 

3 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

I upgraded my John Deere earlier this year after being outgunned by the 44" whopper last December. Last time I upgraded was 2015 and the winter of 2015-16 was the least snowiest on record down here with 30" total and 3.3" single storm high.

So... I predict a bummer winter... atleast for down here.

What an event that was. I should have chased it lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

What an event that was. I should have chased it lol. 

Sure was. Never seen anything like it and probably never will again around here. The other day I was looking back at some of my pictures during and after that storm and still can't get over how fast and furious it piled up. 

• Like 2