• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2021 General Discussion

madwx

August dense ranking for stations across the NC US (some stations still have outstanding reports). Max records avg around 80 readings per station, and high min records avg around 70 for reference. Looks like mostly near avg to well above with some near record to record readings this month. Chalk up another warm August.

NC US Aug max avg mthly ranking.png

NC US Aug high min avg mthly ranking.png

Made this map of the earliest recorded snowfalls for the snow season. You guys in the southern areas sure got hit good in mid Oct 1989. Cold N/NE wind slamming into Gulf air coming up from the south with an area of strengthening low pressure put down a good amount of snow for that time of year.

https://library.oarcloud.noaa.gov/docs.lib/htdocs/rescue/dwm/1989/19891016-19891022.pdf

A few of these totals are first day out of 2 day totals on the overall map.

NC US Earliest snowfall 0.1 n above.png

Oct snow 1989.png

5 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

On a positive note, the smoke has held the temp down on several days this summer.  Yesterday's expected 90s turned into 86º.

This means we'll be heading for a 2nd September in a row without a 90. NWS and TWC both dropped all 90s from their forecasts. Going to be a waste of a hot period.

1 hour ago, Chicago Storm said:

will trade you straight up for the return of money man or similar.

I suppose someone has to be the uber-extreme warmista and Spartman gets to take home that trophy. Me, I am perfectly happy with above temps this time of year so I am going to runs with my 88 at KIND today.

Side note, a perfect drying day with the dews around 60 all day and the 20mph breeze. A postcard day for drying the crops in the field or the odd person painting a fence. I was that person.

23 minutes ago, bowtie` said:

I suppose someone has to be the uber-extreme warmista and Spartman gets to take home that trophy. Me, I am perfectly happy with above temps this time of year so I am going to runs with my 88 at KIND today.

Uh I'm right here :sun:.

Thrilled about my 7-day forecast, lots of warmth and humidity coming with storm chances once again on Tues :D. Days even reaching 72F with cold mornings are pissing me off already so just 2 days of that to go then its out.

7 hours ago, Brian D said:

One thing I've noticed is the lack of Canadian geese movement so far. Late August, some of the local flocks were moving into the local golf course as usual, but unlike last year, major movement has yet to start. Shows how pleasant the start of September has been here in the northern areas.

I saw my first v down here yesterday.

1 hour ago, Chicago Storm said:

Catching up from the last several days...ORD calling way behind now.

90 at MDW on Sunday, and 90 at MDW, RFD and ex home on Monday.

31 - Ex Home
29 - RFD
29 - MDW
22 - ORD

Sensor issues at ORD I'm guessing?