• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Nothing here, kind of a bummer, but I'm also ok with it since I have an 8am flight back to CA tomorrow morning. I do not relish spending the next three weeks out in the Mojave while all of this delicious cold weather is taking place back home, but at least we got all of the Christmas decorations up today, so that will be nice to come home to.

28 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

More favorable NYC… northern stream zipping right now doesn’t want to dip too far S 

Only way to possibly slow the screaming PJ is with a SSWE (good luck with that), a robust -AO and/or a West based -NAO. Not sure a +PNA helps much until maybe later in the winter (Feb/Mar). -PDO is going to hurt us significantly. And the EPO would probably deliver a PJ dip in the Plains with a subsequent SER amped up so unless axis is perfectly aligned, that likely isn't going to help much either.

With the Nina now forecast to go develop steadily into moderate levels and last thru March, we are looking at a tough stretch.

5 hours ago, JTA66 said:

The first virga of the season is always special, especially when it falls and evaporates around the holidays.

Sun starting to peek out, 44F.

The below was intriguing from overnight.  I expect it may have been virga though since the dews had dropped into the low 20s yesterday and overnight here.

I did make it up to 47 after a low of 33.  It's currently clouded up and 37 with dp 31.

radar-11282021.png