Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

Dandelions popping up too. Spring has sprung!

62F/DP 60F

We really shouldn't start a Fall thread till late Oct at the earliest...if? We're in the 5th week of the NFL season and I'm in shorts with windows open and a fan blasting on me. If I have to turn on the A/C later this week I may have to have a talk w/myself and reconsider this whole weather hobbie thing...

63F / DP 62F

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

We really shouldn't start a Fall thread till late Oct at the earliest...if? We're in the 5th week of the NFL season and I'm in shorts with windows open and a fan blasting on me. If I have to turn on the A/C later this week I may have to have a talk w/myself and reconsider this whole weather hobbie thing...

63F / DP 62F

Seriously! If I wanted forever summer, I’d move to Florida.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

The high yesterday ended up being 69 and I picked up 0.09" of rain sometime between 1 - 2 am.  Low this morning was 61 and I think I may have hit my high of 65 with on and off drizzle/rain.  That on/off stuff gave me a couple more hundredths of an inch so I am currently at 0.13" for the event so far.  Currently 64 with some light rain and dp 63.

Got down to 55.9°F last night. I'm liking how Saturday is trending cooler on the forecasts--a couple of days ago it was progged to be low 80's, now it's looking like mid 70's and damp. Hopefully that'll keep the crowds down at the Ren faire this Saturday.

Side note, it's like, aggressively grey out there this morning. I think I've seen the sun for a total of 30 minutes in the past week! (I'm one of those weirdos who's perfectly ok with that.)

image.png.6747c8244e544761f9478aa69ca0f739.png

• Weenie 1

I think I had maybe two or three really pleasant days this spring where mowing my tiny-ass yard didn't end up in a sopping wet sweat-fest. (I actually recall thinking to myself at the time that I should enjoy that while it lasted lol!) At least we haven't had to run the A/C as much this month so far, but the humidity is making all my doors and windows stick.

In other news, it's been 20 days since we've had significant rainfall, with 1.44" on September 23rd and a hardly worth mentioning .07" on October 4th. Hoping for something this weekend. At this rate, I'll be watering my plants until Thanksgiving.

Will the clouds break tomorrow? 8-ball says "ask again later"...

image.png.dd89bff53446f018345846730674e585.png

• Weenie 1

7 hours ago, RedSky said:

Did Captain Kirk see the sun when he was in low Earth orbit?

There was a G2 CME earlier in the week so it dimmed the sun. :lol:

All he kept saying was that suddenly "it went from blue sky to black sky".

Had a high of 68 yesterday and 72 today (despite the all-day overcast), with low of 59 yesterday but a wee bit warmer 62 this morning.  Currently 68 with dp 64 so expecting maybe some stratus again (and possibly fog) since the winds have pretty much gone calm.

With the sun finally returning both today thru Saturday will be well above normal but nowhere near the record highs for today which is 85 back in 1985 & 1920 and 89 tomorrow from way back in 1897. With the strong cold frontal passage on Saturday night it looks like our high temperatures both Sunday and Monday will for the most part stay in the 50's across most of the higher terrain across Western Chester County while low 60's in the lower spots across parts of Eastern Chester County. image.png.1af60a044929676246a41350808c6158.png

11 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

There was a G2 CME earlier in the week so it dimmed the sun. :lol:

All he kept saying was that suddenly "it went from blue sky to black sky".

Had a high of 68 yesterday and 72 today (despite the all-day overcast), with low of 59 yesterday but a wee bit warmer 62 this morning.  Currently 68 with dp 64 so expecting maybe some stratus again (and possibly fog) since the winds have pretty much gone calm.

It's a perspective of space you never see if you spend your entire life being beamed up.

57/F/DP 57F