• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Only made it down to 52.2 here in the relatively higher spots in Chesco...looks like will finish September a little over 1 degree above normal for the 49th warmest September on record. Rainfall wise the 10.03" is good for the 3rd wettest September behind only the 14.48" in 1999 and the 10.58" in 2003image.png.80f432eb11f6768d4abbad27a2352f7f.png

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/weather/2021/09/2021-22-winter-forecast-accuweather-says-cold-and-snow-will-arrive-early-in-lehigh-valley.html?fbclid=IwAR0ERg86SuDyyNpPr8ifNHY9A7vYaHmC9fs7rMhZBmDNkSXDFXc0v7wF-Kg

Could have sworn these guys recently said cold&snow early in the midwest and slowly working it's way into the east in January and now their talking November.

• Weenie 1

46.3 up on the ridges - valley spots hit the low 40's - coolest here since the 45.4 on May 30th.

Below is how many Septembers have finished with above average temps over the last 10 years

PHL - 8 of 10 / Phoenixville - 8 of 10 / Chesco - 6 of 10 / KMQS - 6 of 10 / Octoraro Lake - 6 of 10 / Glenmoore - 4 of 10

Haven't bottomed out yet as far as I can guess but if Mt. Holly folks are looking here, the fog has rolled in here in NW Philly within the past hour.  It's maybe 1/10th of a mile or less visibility.  Haven't had it like this since maybe the late winter or early spring when there was some snowpack aiding it.  Seems to be advecting/oozing in more from the N/NE vs the S.

Currently dense fog and 61 with dp 60.

Looking at my station data, I apparently did bottom out just after 3:30 am this morning, so what I posted was after it had already started rebounding.

Since then I haven't moved much for a temp - am at 62 with dp 61 and the fog is still around somewhat but definitely not as dense as earlier and is lifting rapidly.  Probably at more than 1/2 - 1 mile visibility and rising.

Went to the PA Ren Faire today. While there were an incredible amount of cars in the lot by the time we got there at 1pm, it didn't seem super-duper crowded, and wait times for food and drink weren't crazy long like I've seen it in the past. One thing on everyone's mind though was the warmth. It got up to the upper 70s by 2pm and stayed there until we left at 5:30. Off and on clouds, but barely a hint of a breeze most of the afternoon. It was the same story as the rest of our summer has been, with dewpoints in the upper 60's for most of the day.In October. Not completely unbearable (like the Kutztown Folk Festival in July usually is) but uncomfortable all the same. Felt sorry for all the folk in full garb, but we went in civvies this time with just our "Bavarian" fedoras as a nod to the faire's Oktoberfest theme.

We are hoping it cools down somewhat for our next visit, towards the end of the month. Hopefully second summer will be over by then.

This just needs to stop. It's after 7pm, in October, after the sun has set. Yuck.

image.png.e819c2303ea2ec7298ed9bea4a9e9b34.png

• Weenie 1

Ended up making it to 80 yesterday but it was muggy as hell when I was out at the supermarket.

Heard all the rocking and rolling early this morning between ~1 am - 4 am and was surprised to have gotten nailed with a total of 1.64" when all was about finished before 6 am.  The heaviest came between ~2 am - 3am.

Currently overcast, misty and 61 (currently my low so far) with dp 60.

radar5-10052021.png