Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

37 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Looks like just over 2" here.

While y'all were enjoying today's storm, Paul Pastelok at Accuwx released his preliminary winter outlook. Hint: MJO loving those 5, 6, 7 phases again this winter :sun:

Dude on the left is a real D-bag...

https://cheddar.com/media/will-this-winter-be-the-season-of-shivers

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

8 hours ago, RedSky said:

Not seeing anything behind the line so when it passes the rain is done yet the forecast has showers likely through 10pm tonight seems a little bit excessive. 

Light to steady rain here at 8:30pm and the Phils game is borderline calling a rain delay so 10pm is decently accurate...

64F / DP 63F

10.jpg

2 hours ago, JTA66 said:

Actually, it's not all doom and gloom for us. After a torchy December, he has an overall average winter for us -- average temps, precip, snow. But who really knows anymore??

52F/ DP 50!! :D

Too true. I think he said their official winter outlook is coming out 9/29. But in reality these winter long range predictions are crap shots.  

First thing first from a weenie perspective, we need snow pack in Canada etc to build little by little...

63F / DP 54F (seen some leaves already changing colors (yellow) in my early morning travels)

• Weenie 1

(ETA to fix the lows - must have been looking at the wrong column)

Ended up with a high of 71 yesterday after a low of 56.

Had a slightly cooler low this morning of 53 and made it to 79 (so far) and it's currently mostly sunny and bopping between 78 & 79 with dp a respectable 54.

Will have to see how the convection pans out tomorrow.  SPC has the area penciled in for some general thunderstorms -

Mt. Holly had a nice clip of Hurricane Sam churning out in the ocean from yesterday.  Have been following it including through its ramp-up to a strong Cat 4 and it is now back down to a Cat 3 (as expected). -

3 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Nah, Philly will be in the mid-upper 40s for lows...

71F / DP 49F  7:15pm and dark, outstanding.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super-enjoying the more hospitable weather, but losing daylight earlier and earlier is putting a serious time crunch on all the outdoor projects I've been deferring all summer. Three nights in a row now I've worked outside until sunset building out a section of fence, finally finished tonight but couldn't really enjoy it because it got dark so early! Looking forward to posting some pics in the OT thread tomorrow.

Back tot he news at hand:

image.png.c74867783be2584d73a2256026baf884.png

Forecast has possibility of morning T-storms. Might be interesting!

• Weenie 1