Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

It ended up radiating a bit more than expected here this morning and my low was 58.  Ended up hitting 78 as a high and the humidity, even with the cooler temps, was noticeable.

Currently 76 and changeable skies along with breaks of sun here and there, and dp 65.

We're going to have high DPs tomorrow and Thursday (w/rain) but once the front passes Friday we should be in full Fall mode... 

72F / DP 64F

...Parts of the northern Mid Atlantic...
   Although there remains substantive spread within/among the various
   model output, 30-50+ kt southerly flow in the 850-700 mb layer may
   linger into the day Thursday across much of the northern Mid
   Atlantic region, generally coincident with the corridor of
   seasonably moist boundary-layer air.  Although lower/mid
   tropospheric lapse rates are forecast to remain weak, weak to
   moderate CAPE may still develop and contribute to scattered
   thunderstorm activity with daytime heating.  In the presence of
   moderate to strong shear in the lower to mid-levels, the environment
   may become conducive to organizing lines or clusters with the
   potential to produce locally damaging wind gusts.  Latest guidance
   appears increasingly suggestive that hodographs could become
   characterized by substantial clockwise-curvature in low levels,
   particularly across parts of eastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey
   into south central and southeastern New York state, which may
   support a risk for a couple of tornadoes.

day2otlk_0600.gif

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Mt. Holly's Flash Flood outlook -

I know we finally got a little chance to dry out the past couple weeks or so (had to pull out the hose for some plants) but will see how this verifies.

Had a low of 69 this morning and it's currently mostly cloudy and 72 with dp 70, so definitely sticky out.

Can we get a rain event around here anymore that DOESN'T trigger flood watches/warnings/advisories??? lol!!

Yes, I was walking around my yard yesterday and parts that I haven't watered were rock solid. Other than 9.5" on 9/1, not much rain here of late.

72F/DP 71F

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Had a solid mod shower this morning. Now, the sun is out and DPs surging to 71F.

Looking forward to rain/storms tomorrow and a tornado would be a bonus. Super bonus would be volcanic activity somewhere in Mont county. There's has to be some sort of misaligned/slipped fault around here ready to give and erupt...

74F / DP 71F

hum.jpg

• Weenie 1

6 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Had a solid mod shower this morning. Now, the sun is out and DPs surging to 71F.

Looking forward to rain/storms tomorrow and a tornado would be a bonus. Super bonus would be volcanic activity somewhere in Mont county. There's has to be some sort of misaligned/slipped fault around here ready to give and erupt...

74F / DP 71F

hum.jpg

Please no tornado threat. I just can’t take that again. Seems heavy rain is the main threat.

• Weenie 1

3 hours ago, mattinpa said:

Please no tornado threat. I just can’t take that again. Seems heavy rain is the main threat.

Just a guess but I think some areas will overachieve w/rainfall amounts tomorrow afternoon into Friday. If you look at long radar loops the precip is moving directly S to N and moving E at a snails pace. If get under some nice bands and not moving E much it's going to pond. High DPs have to ring out moisture.....DP 71F currently.

71.jpg

Getting some light rain the past hour (only have 0.01" in the bucket) and some convection nearby.  Am under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning. FFW also lofted for parts of the city and adjacent suburbs.

Low this morning was 70 and high (that has dropped) was 80.  Down to 75 with a little light rain and dp 72.

radar17-09232021.png