Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

42 minutes ago, RedSky said:

ECM gives us summer we'll into October, global torchining back in full force if it's right.

No no, it's just this week and then some other random weeks in October (yet to be determined). As soon as my field schedule for October is finalized, I'll let you guys know because those weeks are guaranteed to be hot and miserable. Just like this week.

Then I'll have a nice, normal office month in November while it's absolutely gorgeous outside, and then I'll be assigned to do fieldwork again once it cools down to an unacceptable level in December/January. 

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Well, this subforum is borefest right now due to hot/humid boring weather. Hopefully some storms tomorrow evening/night will get things rolling.

87F / DP 71F w/smoky and hazy skies...  

Yeah the haze is pretty bad late this afternoon but it's interesting how wide the spread has been today -

Mt. Holly is watching for possible action tomorrow -

Am keeping an eye on these guys too -

two_atl_0d0.png?142051

Ended up with a low of 68 this morning and a high of 86.  The humidity was definitely more noticeable.  It's currently a hazy 83 with dp 72.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Extra summer is great, maybe we won't have ridiculous glacial cold waves like the last three falls. This time last September was threatening an unheard of mid September frost. Got down to 36F too if my memory is right. 

Polar Vortex in September that was insane.

True, but I'm seeing only one day under 80° in the ten-day forecast, with nothing below 60 at night, and that's kind of alarming. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 89 with heat index in the mid 90's. This doesn't feel right, but I don't have any data at the moment to support it... I'll have to do another lunch-time deep-dive one of these days. Growing up though, my dad always pegged this time of year for a pattern change and the pool was closed up right after Labor day. How many people still have their pools open right now these days?

• Weenie 1

the big issue for me is the overnight lows. Dewpoints in the mid to upper 60's--- I have had enough.  The a/c has not shut off  more than two days in the last few weeks  when the overnight dewpoints in the 70's when i go to bed. I have never seen so many consecutive nights that have dewpoints in the 70's and in fact above 68 degrees. This situation is not great for cool season grasses for sure, weed growth is out of this world and mold production will be out of this world once the corn starts to wilt in the fields. Anyone with mold allergy problems better be prepared. 

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Albedoman said:

the big issue for me is the overnight lows. Dewpoints in the mid to upper 60's--- I have had enough.  The a/c has not shut off  more than two days in the last few weeks  when the overnight dewpoints in the 70's when i go to bed. I have never seen so many consecutive nights that have dewpoints in the 70's and in fact above 68 degrees. This situation is not great for cool season grasses for sure, weed growth is out of this world and mold production will be out of this world once the corn starts to wilt in the fields. Anyone with mold allergy problems better be prepared. 

DP 70F at 2am.

Weed and grass growth is above average for this time of year. I still mow/trim once a week like I did all summer. If I let it go 10+ days it would be a wreck. Usually growth this time of year slows down and we look forward to early signs Fall foliage...  

• Weenie 1

11 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

True, but I'm seeing only one day under 80° in the ten-day forecast, with nothing below 60 at night, and that's kind of alarming. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 89 with heat index in the mid 90's. This doesn't feel right, but I don't have any data at the moment to support it... I'll have to do another lunch-time deep-dive one of these days. Growing up though, my dad always pegged this time of year for a pattern change and the pool was closed up right after Labor day. How many people still have their pools open right now these days?

No pool here, but my bday is mid Sept and I always used to wrap up the AC around this time of year. Not anymore! I've pushed it back to mid Oct because of the last 5 or 6 autumns. :fulltilt:

77F/DP 72F

• Weenie 1