• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
IDA remnants OBS-nowcasts (storm total rain and/or unusual flooding, wind damage-power outage, gusts ~45+ MPH) Wed-Thu morning Sept 1-2, 2021

wdrag

40 minutes ago, user13 said:

Guys tonight was the craziest thing I've ever seen I was ready for the the flood and I still flooded I had sandbags Pumps, dry vacume luckily I saved most of my basement but I can't imagine how other people dealt with this

hey man I have dealt with my own flooding during Irene and want to say I hope you are doing well, it can be real stressful shit.

be aggressive with mold.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

hey man I have dealt with my own flooding during Irene and want to say I hope you are doing well, it can be real stressful shit.

be aggressive with mold.

Yeah, I ended up doing pretty well once I was able to wall off the water, but it was insane at one point.

Any tips for the mold? Luckily the dew point will be like 40 tom

1 minute ago, user13 said:

Yeah, I ended up doing pretty well once I was able to wall off the water, but it was insane at one point.

Any tips for the mold? LLuckilythe ddew pointwill be like 40 tom

buy/rent a dehumidifier and hit the moisture hard.  drop desiccant everywhere you feel like, it’s a hell of a lot easier to remove than mold and a hundredth as dangerous and costly as mold is.  be liberal with bleach on spots if you think you have mold growth.  if you have the means get a professional early before it starts manifesting because it’s like bedbugs, an ounce of prevention is a pound of cure.

area mold professionals will be busy and charging accordingly.  if you put some work in over the next few days you will save yourself a lot of time money and stress.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jm1220 said:

Reminds me of the remnants of Hurricane Patricia in Oct 2015 when I was in Austin. Parts of the city had 15” from that mostly falling that morning. That’s still by far the heaviest rain I’ve ever seen. It probably beat the rain rates in this storm even. That reminded me of the Aug 2014 event in Islip. 

Oct 30 2015? Buda got 17 inches and Wimberley got 26 inches, that was the day I got my new laptop lol. BAD, BAD flooding in south central Texas. I didnt live down here yet, but I was down in Buda for 8 months in 2015 to get all my teeth removed lol.

2 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

13 inches of rain in about 6 hours here in Metuchen. Everything is basically flooded from basements to roadways. I was completely wrong about this event and it’s the worst I have ever scene in this area. 

next time dont call a bust when the event really was just beginning.  mother nature doesn’t like when you call her out.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RU848789 said:

Walt - any thoughts on river flooding levels for the Raritan and other major rivers?  Floyd type levels or less.  Seems like there was a bit more rain in Floyd (10-14" common in the Raritan watershed vs. 7-10" now, by my quick inspection), but antecedent conditions before Floyd were much drier, so maybe it'll be close.  

No comment: Please see NWS issuances on those stage details.  I'm just going back as I can to find the IRENE-LEE storm totals  for now. 

16 hours ago, bluewave said:

CAMS like the HREF are doing a great job on how rapidly the convection would fill in ahead of Ida this evening.

8E87C9D9-010E-4BE1-B916-85ACCA83A493.thumb.jpeg.67018dedb875e94e9fd7c852f338fe44.jpeg

26FB7FED-DA68-4F8C-A7D6-A07B7E2A8D72.thumb.jpeg.6f230c266b797259d3ebf2480d24a014.jpeg

The HREF was the only piece of guidance that had the 10”+ potential correct. Notice how tucked in near the 1-95 corridor it was. The team of scientists  that developed this system deserves an award. Most impressive model performance in an extreme event since the Euro in Sandy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1