• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
IDA remnants OBS-nowcasts (storm total rain and/or unusual flooding, wind damage-power outage, gusts ~45+ MPH) Wed-Thu morning Sept 1-2, 2021

wdrag

Just now, LibertyBell said:

thats the only thing, I really wish this happened during the day

I hate night time snowstorms too

I don’t know. I want to say it was 2016, but I was told I had no work and it was a legit blizzard and I went out (with my German Shepherd) to shovel like 2am and it was one of the most exhilarating nights of my life. Somehow it was harrowing and peaceful all at once. There was no one out and I just let the snow hit me in the face for a few minutes. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Macintosh said:

A significant percentage of the cars, buses and subway trains in NYC metro have just been ruined by flood waters. Got to be hundreds of thousands of cars flooded out. In the midst of a tremendous shortage of new cars because of chip crisis. Epic disaster. 

Just brutal. Wouldn’t want to be a claims adjuster around here in the coming weeks.

5 minutes ago, guinness77 said:

I don’t know. I want to say it was 2016, but I was told I had no work and it was a legit blizzard and I went out (with my German Shepherd) to shovel like 2am and it was one of the most exhilarating nights of my life. Somehow it was harrowing and peaceful all at once. There was no one out and I just let the snow hit me in the face for a few minutes. 

well that storm was awesome because it lasted long enough to be both a night time and day time storm, some of the highest rates were during the day

• Like 1

Just now, LibertyBell said:

well that storm was awesome because it lasted long enough to be both a night time and day time storm, some of the highest rates were during the day

Definitely helped I had a few high gravity beers before I went out that night. It’s different with the rain because I have poor lighting to begin with in my front yard. Lol, also no desire to go out in this deluge.