• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
IDA remnants OBS-nowcasts (storm total rain and/or unusual flooding, wind damage-power outage, gusts ~45+ MPH) Wed-Thu morning Sept 1-2, 2021

wdrag

Simply unprecedented severe storms/tornadoes and not quite unprecedented rainfall, but looking like as much as Floyd, Irene and what we saw for Henri in spots.  Long night - we have some water entering into our basement through our window well windows (the usual path for us in the worst storms), so not posting much - so far, nothing the French drain can't handle, but if it gets much worse, might need to use the portable sump pump.  Be careful out there.  No more current tornado warnings, which is good - the rain is bad enough...

20 minutes ago, Intensewind002 said:

That outbreak produced an f4 in connecticut I believe. I think it also produced the strongest ever tornado on record on long island which was an f2

edit: actually that was July 1989 I was thinking a totally different outbreak that same year

1989 and 1998 had that in common.  Labor Day 1998 produced an F2 about 2 miles from here in Lynbrook.

• Like 1