• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discobs 2021

George BM

Interesting tiny cell popped up, heavy rain out of nowhere lasted for 5 minutes.  Lightning detectors started going off and I heard some rumbling.  Looked to the northeast and lots of flashes.  Very isolated and short lived.  Still counts.  If I was up on a roof/tower/tree I'd have to get down so it always counts.

Beautiful morning, cleared out nice.  Sky is deep blue over the spruce line.  Milky way should show nicely the next few nights.  Gonna try out the night mode on this shiny new iPhone 13 Pro Max on a tripod. :)

From bluewave , his thoughts echo in our region as well.  

A return to warmer than average temperatures following a brief cooler to near normal first day of the month. This matches up with September and October being the fastest warming months of fall. 

The monthly temperature increases from 81-10 to 91-20 have been more pronounced during certain months. Newark and Islip are compared below. The +1.0 or warmer months for either station were bolded. So we get an extension of summer into September. 

……….EWR…..ISP

Dec…+1.5….+1.5

Jan….+1.2…+1.3

Feb….+0.5….+0.5

Mar….+0.4….+0.6

Apr….+0.5…..+0.6

May...+0.6….+0.9

Jun….+0.3….+0.6

Jul…..+1.4…..+1.1

Aug...+0.6….+0.9

Sep….+1.0….+1.3

Oct…..+0.9..+1.4

Nov….+0.2..+0.5

On 9/24/2021 at 9:23 AM, mappy said:

I dropped even further to 45 at 7am. Kiddo left the house in a tank top and shorts? LOL

and again this morning, despite my warnings of how chilly it was.

Gotta say, its a first for me to have my kid completely ignore my suggestions. Guess I should get used to it... 

19 minutes ago, mappy said:

and again this morning, despite my warnings of how chilly it was.

Gotta say, its a first for me to have my kid completely ignore my suggestions. Guess I should get used to it... 

oh yeah. Jackets and advice on how to do something better falls on deaf ears once they hit her age. Lol

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

My numbers for the month of September 2021

Averaged high was 77.1 degrees vs a normal of 77.2 degrees, a - 0.1 below average. The warmest day was the 19th with a 83.7 degree reading. The averaged low was 54.5 degrees vs a normal of 53.7 degrees, a +0.8 degrees above average. The coolest reading was 42.6 degrees on the 25th. The overall averaged temp was 65.8 degrees vs a normal of 65.4 degrees, a +0.4 degrees above the average. The total rainfall for the month was 6.29 inches vs a normal of 3.55 inches, a +2.74 inches above the average. The wettest day was the 22nd with 2.15 inches falling. There were 10 days with measurable, 2 days with a 'T' and 18 dry days. The highest wind recorded was 27 mph on the 23rd. Two new records for the month, both daily rainfalls, one on the 1st and the other on the 22nd. Overall a very average month temp-wise, but fairly wet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wxdude64 said:

My numbers for the month of September 2021

Averaged high was 77.1 degrees vs a normal of 77.2 degrees, a +0.1 above average. The warmest day was the 19th with a 83.7 degree reading. The averaged low was 54.5 degrees vs a normal of 53.7 degrees, a +0.8 degrees above average. The coolest reading was 42.6 degrees on the 25th. The overall averaged temp was 65.8 degrees vs a normal of 65.4 degrees, a +0.4 degrees above the average. The total rainfall for the month was 6.29 inches vs a normal of 3.55 inches, a +2.74 inches above the average. The wettest day was the 22nd with 2.15 inches falling. There were 10 days with measurable, 2 days with a 'T' and 18 dry days. The highest wind recorded was 27 mph on the 23rd. Two new records for the month, both daily rainfalls, one on the 1st and the other on the 22nd. Overall a very average month temp-wise, but fairly wet.

Did you mean 'below'? I bring this to your attention because I know that you keep these records and that you'd probably HATE to have errors in them.

• Like 1