Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discobs 2021

George BM

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

2.25”.  

looks like the big spots were E and W of Frederick this time.

2.15" at the nearest CoCoRaHs, which jives with your report since we're often in close alignment, especially in these types of setups.

Sun is out now and the temps are climbing ever so slightly, but it's definitely awesome outside.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, yoda said:

So....

Meh. Meso guidance kind of dropped the ball on this one. Some of the watches had text for up to 8-10 inches of rain for the I-81 corridor and there was nothing even close to that. Axis of heavy rain shifted to NE ME and Delmarva within 12 hours of the event. If this was winter, people would be screaming.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Oh my the northwesterly breezes are back and it feels so nice.

Can't wait for real fall weather to get here and stay around for a while.

I can't stand being in the shop with a big fan blowing on me while grinding chains.

We do torch like crazy this time of the year.  Recall October 01, 1986.  I remember it was easily in the lower 90s because I was pulling Heliax on a tower job in Severn.  Got wrapped up that day around 1730 and seeing impressive towers with lots of flashes to the west.  That night we had legit severe, knocked out power quite bad in Harford and one of our sites in Phoenix MD took a direct strike and needed attention.  One of those freak storm days.  The day after was very nice though, kind of like what tomorrow is wrapping up to be.

• Like 1

The pilot took a circuitous route to avoid the storms on the flight back from London yesterday- turned south just north of NYC and came straight south just off the Atlantic coast, then turned west south of SBY, then north to IAD. Was hard to get a focused shot but took this looking west from the southern NJ coast. Pretty decent towers in the distance. You can see the immediate coast in the cloud break near the bottom.

storm.thumb.jpg.85f5500c2bd8805611b0ef81f098da90.jpg

• Like 6

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic